“Some of the best Dim Sum I have tasted”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kee Lun Palace

Kee Lun Palace
Reserve with
Kee Lun Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 1,232 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Zuidwal
Balzan, Malta
“Some of the best Dim Sum I have tasted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Following my disastrous experience at Ming Dynasty I decided to give this place a try since it was located just a few minutes walk from my hotel. The restaurant's decor is something typically chinese and as a previous reviewer has commentated one gets the feel of being segregated by being seated at the front of the restaurant, close to the door, whilst Chinese clientele are seated at the rear part of the restaurant.
The staff at hand were not overly friendly but not rude. The menu is in English and has photo references for each dish which make things very simple to understand and order.
For starters I opted for the Crab meat and corn soup which was good but could have done with a spice element since it was verging on sweet. I added some chili from the side containers and it tasted great. I then had three types of dim sum. These were steamed prawn dumplings, pork in green peppers and chicken. They were all excellent and very tasty.
The prices are not prohibitive in the least, on the contrary I found them very reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Trevordg

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“They said there is a better one in Rotterdam, but I am more than 80% happy with this and will return for sure.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We live in Haarlem, where there is no decent food in general, let alone Chinese. I used to go to the Oriental City in Amsterdam for my dim sum for a few dishes they have made better than the other restaurants I have tried. Now... I am fan of this Kee Lun Palace, of course until I have tried the "better one" in Rotterdam.

One of the review below calling this a Taiwanese restaurant, I think he/she made a mistake. The name is spelled in Cantonese and there is nothing Taiwanese about the menu.

We arrived on Sunday, rather late for lunch hours but the place was fairly full. I am not sure what atmosphere the other posts were talking about... is a very affordable Chinese restaurant so it comes with standard decoration if there is any.

I was very happy to see that 70% of the clientele were Asian/Chinese. We ordered a couple of typical dim sums that we like, I think it's better than the average dim sum restaurants I have eaten in South East Asia. I have had once or twice eaten dim sum in HK, I think the food is on par with HK standard. We wanted to order the peking/crispy duck but they only serve whole/half which is a bit too much for two persons. We will return with more friends to try more dishes.

Our bill came to about Euro32 for a plate of loh mai kai, siew mai, mixed fan cheung, shrimp and scallop dim sum, big bowl of porridge, xiao long bao, vietnamese roll and a pot of tea. The porridge being Euro8 I find rather expensive while the rest are very cheap.

Did not visit the toilet. Service was rather efficient and good. Not sure about the rest of complains about bad service, we had spoken to 3-4 different servers and they are very responsive and efficient.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank MyTasteHisTaste
Kuantan, Malaysia
“Nice and cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

A Cantonese style Chinese restaurant with wide variety of dim-sum specialties and Chinese dishes. We frequently go there to have out lunch, and the price is also acceptable, around 8-15 euros p.p. At weekends however, it will be fully seat at lunch hour, so be sure to make reservation early. The waiters are okay, but a few times we had experience with impolite response.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LJ_Lim
Voorschoten, The Netherlands
“Best Taiwanese restaurant in The Hague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Title says it all, really. The value is fantastic, the cooking styles are varied, and the menu is extensive. If you go with two people, and don't read Chinese, you will probably be disappointed. but if you go with 6+ people, and discuss with them their recommendation for a banquet, or have someone who speaks or reads some Chinese, you will dine like an Emperor. They speak Mandarin, and also Cantonese. Dutch and some English as well. And they have the most extensive high end menu in town - everything is possible, but be guided by them about what is best/freshest on the menu today. Excellent fish, crab and shellfish. We have been here several times, always in a big group of friends, mixed Chinese and European. Ambience is normally typical family-style, but they can also do starched linen and formal dinners in the back room if you want to impress a visiting VIP.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Leiden_food_lover
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Authentic Chinese Food in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love the Crispy Duck in this restaurant!! There were times when we'd drive the 2 hours from Friesland into Den Haag just to eat here.

I know that some people have complaints about the staff being rude, but I've personally had good experiences there. There's one staff who chats with us and even gave us free soup to wash down our meal, and another younger one who tried his best to help us in ordering. Price wise, it's about EUR20-25 per person, depending on what you order.

When I'm in Den Haag, I don't eat anywhere else :) Just a note of caution, it'd be good to call in advance for a reservation to prevent disappointment.

Visited September 2012