“Excellent food, good service and spectacular interior”
Review of Bistro-Mer

Bistro-Mer
Ranked #201 of 1,549 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: All week open for dinner Lunch Tuesday to Friday, other days call us
Reviewed October 18, 2018

This restaurant is in The Hague truly an institute. The menu is old fashioned in a way that it hasn’t changed much since the last 40 years. Whenever we go for diner we have the feeling that we’re celebrating something.

The traditional but spectacular dishes (e.g. plateau fruit de mer, sole meunière and bouillabaisse) the wines and French music are obviously part it. The interior resembles a Parisian-style bistro and completes your evening out.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent dinner, with superb oysters, mussels a escargot and fresh fish “Zee duivel filet” as entree. Nice dry french white wine too. Very friendly and attentive service, great value for money. We’ll be back soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

nice interior, very good service, excellent and opulent food (i.a. a big dover sole), prices fairly high but not excessive.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Bad service, I ordered a sole which comes with fries. They forgot to bring the side dish / fires. When I made them notice this (at the end of the dinner) they asked me if I still wanted them. I said no because I was done already. I paid 42 euro for the sole. Not even 1 euro discount for not having had the side dish.

Restaurant was half empty. I waited 15min to get the menu, almost 40min to get my sole and have eaten in about 5min (without my side dish).

Fish was really good thought ... but will not return.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

What looks like a typical cafe on the street is an incredible restaurant that features fresh products across the board. The seafood is right off the docks and the cold appetizers (oysters, shrimp, etc) are likewise of the day. The menu is not large but they are very amenable stuff and can mix and match to help you meet your culinary delight. I had the best red perch I have ver had and would go back tomorrow just for the fries that makes the BENELUX countries even greater than they already are!