“Nice and good and a restaurant where you kan eat AND Talk!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of M Restaurant

M Restaurant
Reserve with
M Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 1,223 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: European, French, Dutch
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Nice and good and a restaurant where you kan eat AND Talk!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

A Nice friendly place to have dinner ann an atmosphere where you can talk more private because the tables are not very close together

Visited March 2012

New York City, New York
“Unfortunately just not right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was here with eight colleagues, apart from one other table (2pax) the restaurant was empty. That did not add to the atmosphere. The menu is small, but has some nice choices for all courses, and for Dutch standards the restaurant is not expensive. The cuisine is French with a Dutch twist, some of it executed nicely, but sometimes not. What really surprised me was the lack of a wine list. The explanation was that every 2 months the list changes (which is nice) but we happened to be at the restaurant during such change, and the old wines were almost finished, and the new wines had not arrived yet. Eventhough the choice was limited, I was able to select a couple of decent wines. The food was generally of good quality, but sometimes lacked taste. My sucade (stew) was good in texture and moist, but the bed of sauerkraut beneath it had much more taste. My mushroom risotto appetizer was nice, moist and tasty, and the carrot cake desert was good, except for the icing. If you spend over 50 euros per person I expect a little better though. But I think the place definitely has potential.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Hague, The Netherlands
“M restaurant was already great but getting even better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Restaurant M has changed ownership in 2010. Being used to the previous owner and it kitchen, there is always the question if it's an improval or not. After a hesitant start, I can say the new owners have reached and maybe even passed the previous level.

My wife and I had dinner with our 5 year old son and our neighbour. The adults had the surpise menu (which you can choose 3-4-5 courses) and for our son, the prepared a modified pasta dish and included some appetizers. Our surprise 3 course menu was excellent. We asked for a meat Main dish (to pair with the wine) and were served a well prepared Black Angus meat dish with a delicate sauce with truffel. The desert wa a creme brulee which was lit at the table (to the linking of our Son!)
For the wine we had an excellent "Chocoloate Block" from Boekenhoutskloof, SA and pairing glasses of white wine with the antree/starter.

Tha value for money is good, the menu is not too big and service is great. I would think they deserve a "bib gourmand"

• Visited August 2011