“Nice Holiday”

NH Den Haag
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Booked this hotel through a "secret choice" website and was not expecting too much. However we really enjoyed our stay in NH Den Haag. Reception was helpful, the room was nicely furnished. However, one small gripe, they are a bit mean with the soap. You are lucky if you get 1 bar each day (for 2 people). Soundproofing was really good because when I opened the window I got quite a shock at the noise made by a passing tram.
Location was fine, once we started using the numbers 3 & 4 trams from the stop just around the corner, otherwise it was an awkward 15 min walk with a few busy roads to cross. We invested in 2 "OV-chipkaarts" for our trips on the buses and trams.
We didn't fancy paying 19 euros each for breakfast, and so made other arrangements. On weekdays there is a coffee shop next door in the atrium of the World Trade Centre, access to the right of the hotel reception desk.
Apart from a couple of cheap looking restaurants (5 min walk away from town), there was absolutely no local "scene". For me that was a plus as I don't want any hassle outside my hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel by the way of attending a workshop. Friendly staff, very efficient check in and front desk was always happy to help. Good arrangement for meetings and conference. Location is also central and close to parliament and city center. Dutch finger food was Lekker!
Hotel WiFi was somewhat unreliable, connection get lost almost every hour and need to login to new server every time you change the floors, conference rooms etc.. No fitness room in the hotel but can use the fitness club situated at the WTC complex but you had to pay extra...

Room Tip: In the hotel property it says they have fitness room but in fact you need to buy day or week pass to...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arrived on saturday approximately 12pm, the hotel allowed us to check in early. We checked into a junior suite, room was really a good size, dining table, chairs, bed and lots of space. Room was very modern very up to date. The only thing I was disappointed with was the food, we tried the burgers but it wasnt well cooked, nor were the fries which had been re-fried so they weren't fresh at all.

Room was extremely clean, well kept and no issues with the room. The staff at the hotel was quite bad, receptionist was busy on her mobile phone in the office and took time to come greet us, wasn't interested in us and it looked like we were annoying her. In the restaurant the waitress was busy drinking coffee rather than serving anyone.

Parking was simple, right underneath the hotel and very close to the motorway so easy access.

Room Tip: We took a junior suite, was very comfortable and lots of space and only a little more money. If you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It’s a very good hotel for business travelers. Rooms are well maintained, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is rich and adequate. Staffs were very cooperative and warm. It’s close to the city, tram, bus and train station.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel itself is very good, clean and well presented. The location of the hotel is in the business area so it is quite quiet on an evening, however the main restaurants, bars etc are only 5 mins away by public transport. The 'free' wi-fi is painfully slow.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was actually booked NH Zoetermeer, but when my husband and I arrived, Frank (the duty manager) told us that the hotel was fully booked which was a bit unreasonable since we made the reservation few months back. However, Frank has arranged to transfer us to NH Den Haag, he personally drove us there (approx. 30 mins from Zoetermeer) instead of calling a taxi and the room was upgraded which was very nice. I must say that the service is somewhat excellent (despite the downside).

Strategically located near World Trade Center and only one stop (by trem) to central station is very convenient. Although, no choices of restaurants nearby except at the hotel. It is modern furnished and I was satisfied with all the facilities including the free wifi. Most employees can speak English and very helpful. It was my first time staying at NH hotel and I would recommend to others :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel only because my normal hotel was booked out. It is not exactly in the middle of the centre, but about 1.5km outside - walkable or near a tram stop. The breakfast is good, but considering the room rate, I was surprised the additional €20 charge each day.

In addition to this, they offer 'free wifi' which is limited to 128bkits and a maximum of 100mb, with a 100MB limit. I see this as rather disingenuous as it was classed as 'fast broadband' and the hotel was advertised as 'free wifi', but was rather limiting. You can upgrade, of course, as ever, for a charge!

The room was clean and tidy. Unsure if I'd pick the hotel again over others in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business