“Very nice hotel, I enjoyed every single second of my stay!”

Best Western Hotel Petit
Ranked #37 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I love the neighborhood where this hotel is situated. It's really close to the Peace Palace! There are very good connections with the city center and the train stations. I loved the friendly staff. I loved the breakfast! I loved the comfortable bed and the lovely shower with bath tub. The room was big enough to fit tree people and we also had a terrace. It's very, very clean and once again I would like to point out how amazing the staff was!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eli_765
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Eli,

Thank you very much for your great review! We really enjoyed having you and your friends stay with us! As a matter of fact, we always love having students from the Peace Palace...I hope everything is well with you and your friends. See you next time! Warm regards, Emma van Dorsten

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This little hotel is the best we've ever stayed at because of the charm and personal attention to customer service. Right on bus #24 stop. Big enough to give options yet small enough to make you feel really special. All the staff are so friendly and helpful with suggestions, advice or even doing research for you. Nestled between The Hague and Scheveningen, a stonesthrow away from the Peace Palace and Scheveningse Bosjes and a simple cycle ride away from virtually anywhere - beach, dunes/woods, exhibitions and culture... We cycled everywhere all 3 days we stayed here -even a smaller bicycle for my daughter was arranged in a jiffy. Also worth mentioning are the wonderful breakfast offerings - "poffertjes" (puff pancakes), fresh bread and ontbijtkoek were firm favourites in our family. We got discounts at the Escher exhibition (FANTASTIC) anhd Madurodam from the Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. This is TRUE HOSPITALITY. I have NO hesitation recommending this little gem. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: lovely view from #31 and VERY cosy from sunshine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elsje K
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Elsje and family,

This is a wonderful review, thank you so much! It was so much fun having the three of you stay with us. We deciced to keep the kids bike, as it turns out to be very popular among our guests. We really loved to read how convenient everything was for you, I will certainly forward your compliments to my great team. We would love to have you stay with us in the near future and ofcourse, would be more than happy to help your sister with her (bycicle trip when she comes to Holland! Warm regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I didn't choose this hotel-it was booked for me for business. I travel a lot in Europe and I've found that you never know what to expect because the standards are a bit different from the hotels of the U.S. In a nutshell, you never know what you are going to get. However, I was very pleased with this hotel. Comfortable rooms that were a very good size, decent European style breakfasts (bread, cheese, cold cuts, yogurt, fruit, and cereal), and helpful staff. The first night I was there, I was feeling jet lagged and tired. I was hungry but didn't have the energy to go find a place to eat. I asked the receptionist for a restaurant recommendation, and she was happy to suggest a few places. However, I decided to change my mind, as I was too tired to go out. The receptionist asked whether she could order me a pizza, which was the perfect solution. It was a thoughtful gesture and greatly appreciated.

It was close to the Gemeentemuseum, Photo museum, beach area, and shopping areas. However, although the city center seemed far away on a map, to my surprise, it was an easy and pleasant walk. It was also very close to a bus stop which goes directly to the city center as well as one of the 2 train stations. A nearby tram goes to the other train station.

I would stay here again. Away from the bustle of the city center, but close enough to walk (about 2 miles), and just a few blocks from great museums.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patricia T
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Patricia,

Thank you, that is a wonderful review! Not having a restaurant is indeed not a problem. There are appr. 20 lovely restaurants within walking distance and they all serve great dinners, from simple pubfood to exclusive fine dining. But if guests don't feel like going out for dinner, we always suggest they order in, pizza, sushi, everything can be arranged. We would love to see you back next time and make your stay another great one!
Thank you!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel met or exceeded all my expectations for a great place to stay with my 3 young children - ages 8 (twins) and 11.

It started off very well with the owner allowing me to enter my room much earlier than normal due to the early hour iI arrived in Holland (6:00 am) and at the hotel (8:00 am). I was particularly pleased at the warm welcome that Emma, the owner, gave me. That's personal service. Obviously I was lucky that my room was not occupied the evening before, but these kind of acomodations are what make these small family-owned hotels so very attractive. Also, I needed four beds in the room and . . . there were four beds in the room - not a small feet at all.

The hotel is well placed for public transportation, both busses and trams, but almost everything is within walking distance if you are energetic! We used bicycles, which are available at the hotel for a minor charge. I strongly recommend you "go Dutch" and go by bike!

The hotel is not a super-fancy five star luxuory hotel, but it is a warm, welcoming and cozy environment for any familys stay in The Hague.

Finally, the hotel staff was particularly kind and accomodating of my sometimes rambunctious children. They managed to clean and straighten our room beautifully every day.

If you are travling with kids, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ianblane
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for this great review! Actually, we really like having kids in the house, they are fun and make the place alive. We try to accomodate everybody, businesspeople, elderly people, youngsters, families, everybody! I think that is what makes the nice and relaxed atmosphere. So, next time you come to The Hague, please come and stay with us again. (I will again try to get you settled as early as possible, knowing how tired and fed up one can be after a night flight...).

Best regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

i have been to the hague only once, but this was an ideal hotel, one of the best i've ever stayed in. the hotel is a characterful old house, is quiet, and has a lovely dining room with flowers outside the windows, and a sluggish canal, with a heron often, in view. the staff were delightful, all of them, especially the manageress with her well-behaved dogs (they are not allowed in the hotel, but delight the eye). i was in the hague to write, and have peace and quiet, and i had all of these. there are friendly, and cheap, restaurants nearby. i am not in the habit, frankly, of writing reviews as favourable as this, but i recommend this hotel very highly indeed, and without the slightest reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 921faure7j
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! We (or must I say:the dogs) remember you very well. Thanks to the lovely weather you were able to sit and relax on the little terrace in front of our hotel and view the pont and see the dogs crossing. So nice you appreciate the peace and quiet and had inspiration to do your writing. We feel honoured that you took the effort to write about us, as you mentioned you usually don't do this. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for a four night break and were delighted with the hotel. On arrival we were given an extremely spacious room, well equipped with free tea, coffee and cuppa soup, and a welcome note. Breakfast was fine, fresh fruit, cereals and excellent bread. The hotel is on the 24 bus route which goes through town and the central station or to Kijkduin with its sand dunes and wide seas. A short walk takes you to the number 17 tram, ideal for many attractions in town and this also goes to the central station. The hotel overlooks a small lake and canal, peaceful and pleasant for a short walk including some embassy spotting! We came back to our room to find that Sinterclaus had left us a gift. He had arrived by steamboat in The Hague that day so to see him check the date!

Room Tip: Room one on the ground floor is very spacious and comfortable. There is no swimming pool but I can...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahjaney51
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Sarah, thank you so much for this wonderful review. So glad you appreciated the upgrade we gave you, we always try to give our guests the best room available. And thank you for explaining how conveniently Best Western Hotel Petit is located. Yes, we are proud of having this view and superb location! We really enjoyed having you with us, you fully enjoyed all the special things we have to offer, the small details, the upgrade, our fresh and extended breakfast... Once again, thank you very much and we would love to see you again in the near future! Warm regards, Emma van Dorsten, owner.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great value for the money - so close to great locations! The staff is wonderful and the breakfast and bar is so massive and wonderful - had a great time and they are more than willing to help with directions or any questions you may have! Definitely will come back!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tennislcj
TheHagueEmma, Owner at Best Western Hotel Petit, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear tennislcj,

Thank you so much for your kind respons! We also loved having you and your friends with us...And for posting this review before we could even ask :-) Hope to see you again! Warm regards, Emma van Dorsten