“Excellent stay great room size”

Ibis Den Haag City Centre
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

It may just be because I came straight from a cramped 4 to a berth inside cabin on the ferry from Newcastle but this Ibis was luxury in comparison. I've only stayed in one other Ibis (the other was the Ibis in Nice which I did not like) but this was far superior. Great room size and a decent breakfast. My only quibble was with the lift system which was so slow in the morning that I decided to take the stairs only to find out that they only led to the street via an alarmed fire exit so I had to walk back up 2 flights of stairs and wait for the lift. On arrival in the lobby I was told breakfast was on the 1st floor and to get there....yes you guessed right I had to take the lift again. Nice bar/lobby, very central...would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We ask our guests to take the lift to the breakfast room, because of the safety. We have closed our stairs in the lobby to the breakfastroom, so not everybody can go up. I'm sorry that you had to wait for the lift. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. The staff are extremely welcoming (especially those in the breakfast restaurant on the first floor). The room was spotless and well-organised although very basic in its features. I have stayed at other Ibis hotels in Europe and this was by far the best one in terms of value for money, customer service and location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first visit to an Ibis in years and I have to say it was amazing value for money. The lady at the bar (Bryony) was really amazing in her helpfulness given how late we arrived and more importantly her advise with beers :-)
The breakfast was brilliant for €16, much better choice than other hotels (Hilton etc).
Only one thing would have made this better is a face cloth in the bathroom!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, specially with Bryony. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed in Ibis for 4 days in The Hague. Clean and well presented. But I arrive back on the last day and let my room to someone else! To be fair I was relocated. Why, then, do they ask for all your email and phone details and haven't got the courtesy to let you know about the change and ask if you are happy to move! So stay here but you're just another kerching on the till rather than a valued customer. What's more I went back to get my key card deactivated for the old room, which they did, and at which point I returned and found surprised new occupants.

Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We have contact you personal about the your comment.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel, situated in the city centre, is an excellent example of the IBIS hotel brand. The rooms are comfortable, the staff are welcoming, the breakfast bar is ample and the bar/restaurant has a good choice of light meals. We always stay here when we visit The Hague.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PattyNotenboom, Manager at Ibis Den Haag City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I expected little from this very affordable hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Nothing extravagant but the essential are very well covered. Small room but efficient use of the space. I was staying alone. It might be tight for two persons with large luggages. Room was reasonably sound proof and had a very comfortable bed. Staff were very helpful about public transportation. I also appreciated the in-room free wifi.
Suggestion for ibis management: give more details on your site on direction from tram station to hotel ( details are available for drivers and gps users but it is not as useful when on foot)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Den Haag City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel gives you an easy walk from the train station, and a great location in the city centre. A nice lobby, and very courteous front desk staff. The breakfast was excellent, and efficiently run. There were enough tables, so easy to sit down. Rooms were clean, and the bed comfortable. We made many fun walks to restaurants and sites close by. The only little drawback was a slow elevator.

Room Tip: We had a nice room, we had asked for a quiet one at the back.