“Very good food, bit expensive”

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 1,405 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Indian restaurant Taj Mahal! Since February 2010 located in Maliestraat 5, Denneweg. Right in the center, one of the nicest areas of The Hague. Within walking distance from Central Station. We have 32 seats and is open every day. We are open from 17.00 am to 23.00 pm. Many people think that Indian food is always spicy. That certainly does not! On the menu features mild curries, prepared without salt. Very soft taste of the sweet cream, added to tender lamb, chicken or fish or delicious. For example there is the vegetarian paneer, the Indian tasty cheese. All this with fresh herbs and vegetables. Together with such ground cashews a real delicacy.for whom love hot curry,there are medium hot curries and the hot curries. The restaurant also has a "Tandoori" (a traditional Indian clay oven) for grilled dishes. In our restaurant you can imagine for a moment in India! You can make a reservation directly through our website or call 070-3310669
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went to this restaurant with family. The food is very nice which was also confirmed by two native Indian people on table next to ours.

Service is fine but overal the cost are bit on the high side.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Friendly staff, nice ambience. Taj Mahal is tucked away a little, but worth finding if you fancy a nice Indian meal. As an Englishman from the Midlands, I am lucky to have sampled a range of good Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani food, and this place measures up fine. I was curious to see whether the 'heat' levels on the menu translated as I know the Dutch often prefer less spicy food. I had the hot chicken wings to start and a dry lamb kebab dish for main which was suggested as being hot (there was a further 'very hot' level but I was flying the next day!).

Well the food was great, very enjoyable. I had a pretty bad cold and really needed a bit of spice, and wasn't disappointed. Unfortunately this means I may have missed some subtlety to the flavours but could taste fresh coriander and onion. I think Dutch spice levels are probably one heat rating lower than UK ones.

Staff were nice and friendly and took the time to chat a little which is nice when a place is busy and you're travelling on business. I'll definitely seek Taj Mahal out next time I'm in Den Haag.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Big on atmosphere and good service. The staff was very friendly, and the food freshly cooked and reasonably priced. The house wine was excellent, the red being Malbec. The restaurant is in a lovely part of The Hague, just off Denneweg. We will definitely return...

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This seemed a fairly average Indian restaurant to me. It was exactly the same as a thousand other European curries I have eaten. To call it a gem is pushing it a bit. Quite a big bit really. It certainly was busy and the single waiter was working for his money. The food was fine but really nothing to be writing home about. I am always suspicious of curries where each dish is exactly the same colour as the next. The nan was very good. Just......average.

1  Thank 1Jas
Reviewed November 26, 2013

we have had a dinner with friends last weekend, small restaurant in the corner of denneweg. the atmosphere was good with classical indian music and lights around. service was very friendly he and attentive. the papadums like wise in england with various sauce followed by our orders with mulighatwany soup and chicken tikka balti and lam rogunjosh,garlic nan sag alu and mushroom rijst, we enjoyed the spice its flavour and taste, just like in U.K.... we enjoyed our weekend with this little gem in the hague.. certainly a place to be for once. and ever.

1  Thank alexis l