“Amusing”

Cuisines: European
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amusing”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First, let me say that the service was great. The food was very good (although the truffle burger was a tad bit greasy) and the wine was better. I got back late and needed to just grab something, so I walked here since it was down the street from my hotel and the doorman said it was good. I was a tad bit under dressed, but they were fine. It does have a certain ambiance. It is a very pretty place. But, I think the were trying to hard to be what they thought a high-scale wine bar in NYC or Paris should be. I've been to better wine-bars in DC and NYC. Instead, I think the should try to be "the" wine-bar in the Hague. It seemed just a little fake and they were missing something. I did laugh when I saw one of my favorite American vineyards on the menu .

The wine list was fairly good. They had a lot of "by the glass" options. It wasn't completely dead, but it had a nice traffic flow for the off season. I would go back. The people were very nice and the wine was good.

• Visited August 2012