“Sea life”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sea life”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This attraction is interesting both for children and adults. There is lots of information and the many different species are worth the visit. However, when crowded is gets difficult to go back and fwd. in order to be there when they feed some.

Visited August 2013
Boet H, General Manager at Sea Life Scheveningen, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Carlo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our SEA LIFE site. It is good to hear that you and the children enjoyed the visit and appreciated the variety of spieces and information provided. During holidays it can get rather busy indeed when people follow the feedinh schedule. There is a session at least every hour. In off peak periods the site is less crowded and maybe we see you again then! Again, thanks for your positive feedback, best regards,
Boet

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was there with my two kids in July, I really like the occasion to watch some really rare creatures of the see so closely. There are other Sea Life's spread around the world, some of them much bigger than that of Scheveningen, but this one comprises all what is necessary to give you a unique experience.
Unfortunately it is rather expensive, and that's why it gets only 4 stars from me.

Visited July 2013
Boet H, General Manager at Sea Life Scheveningen, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Martin,
Thank you for reviewing your visit to SEA LIFE Scheveningen. We are real pleased with your positive remarks and are glad that you liked the species on display and the experience in general. There are several offers available, often as promotions or as pre-sale offers online that offer a nice discount. Maybe a good tip for a next visit? Again, thanks for your kind words, it is much appreciated. Regards, Boet Hensen
Pune, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very creative and serene atmosphere”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is a really good place to visit will give u such a closeness to nature and even good if you have kids of learning age...I dont have but I think .... I would definitely go again if there is a chance

Visited August 2013
Boet H, General Manager at Sea Life Scheveningen, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Dr Hina,
Thank you for your friendly and positive message about your visit to SEA LIFE Scheveningen. It is real good to read how much you enjoyed the trip. Please come by and visit again when you have the change, you are most welcome!
Best regards, Boet Hensen, General Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some wonderful fish, but overpriced & not great for adults”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My partner and I visited a few days ago and were looking forward to seeing various species of fish, as well as sharks and an octopus (as advertised on the website). There were some very interesting fish there and a couple of small sharks, but the octopus was nowhere to be seen.

Our experience was also affected by the large number of parents pushing buggies around and allowing their children to run from tank to tank, shouting and screaming very loudly. It would have been good to see some staff watching out for this kind of thing - its great to see kids interested in the fish and no problem to have them there, but when they are allowed to run around like its a creche it really ruins the atmosphere for everyone else trying to enjoy the experience.

Another issue was the constant use of phone cameras - the centre have a policy that cameras are allowed as long as there isn't a flash, but people can ignore this and end up startling the fish in tanks with their constant pictures. Perhaps the owners might consider a "no photos" policy in future for the benefit of all the creatures there. Overall, an interesting experience, but definitely not worth the 32 euros we paid to get in.

Dear Johanna,
Thank you for posting a review after visiting our SEA LIFE centre in The Netherlands.
I am sorry to hear that the Octopus was unwilling to perform on the day of your visit. They like to hide in corners and since we try to give it a natural habitat it sometimes hides for hours. On other moments it swims around and shows off to the public, especially during the feeding session it becomes real active. In summer holidays we have a lot of families visiting us, often with small children. Our core audience and yes, sometimes very loud indeed as they are excited seeing all the fish and tanks. If you are ever in the area again, try to visit outside the peak holiday periods or come by early in the morning. I can assure you that your visit will be less hectic and probably more enjoyable! Best regards, Boet Hensen
Lagos, Nigeria
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“The whales drew me, but alas!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When i saw the post card of the sea life, I thought an opportunity to see sharks and whales as shown on national Geo. What I got was fishes, corals, shell fishes. The shark was small and didnt leave the impression of seeing a shark on me. I like the layout and the place looks like a defined maze.
Its a good place for kids and sealife lovers who can tell a fish from another. My son loved it.
For me, I am still in search of mywhale and shark watching.

Visited July 2013
Boet H, General Manager at Sea Life Scheveningen, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear tbs4real,
Thanks for leaving a comment about your visit to SEA LIFE. I am sorry we were not able to show you all the creatures you had expected but we are pleased that you liked the visit anyway after all. No, we do not have space not the desire to have whales on display but we do try to educate all visitors about the oceans and everything living in them.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post a comment!
regards, Boet Hensen, General Manager