“Wonderful Meal”

Ranked #3 of 1,327 Restaurants in The Hague
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night as it was recommended by our Hotel, and we thought it was one of the best meals we've ever had - and I thought I was quite fussy! I'm really surprised to read the bad reviews because my husband, son (aged 11) and I had a brilliant time. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. As my son wanted sushi and we wanted Thai, the fusion menu was perfect because we were all able to choose our own style and share. I also thought it was very fairly priced and the house red was very drinkable!

There are newer reviews for Umami By Han Den Haag

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Put simply, Umami serves really bad food. It seems cheap, but it actually isn't! It has a fancy location and decor, but what you end up eating is: basic, not fresh, and almost cold. Just don't even bother.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Umami is more a concept than a restaurant. Great location, "trendy" setting, flawless service but poor food. Different options exist so that customers can be served with a great diversity of courses but most of them are tasteless... Much better options exist in The Hague if one is interested in sampling Asian food (Sumo, Shabu...). Nice place, excellent waiters, nice evening but food is important in a restaurant and Umami is not quite there.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant looks great! But the food is less than average because it is not home made. Most of the food is instant, even the deserts. One of the reason why they can 'prepare' and serve your food in a quick tempo.

And above all the restaurant is quite expensive. Wouldnt pay a penny in the future to visit this one ever again.

3  Thank yumei123
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had been to Umami before and only fell upon the TripAdvisor reviews while looking for the phone number to rebook. I was saddened to see such scathing reviews for service when I had no such experience. Yesterday, we had exemplary service. We were really picky, asking to move tables three times after we had food on our table, and they were brilliant. For €19.95 we had the more expensive menu, which meant we got 6 taster plates and a side of fried rice. It was delicious and interesting food and more than we could eat. Fabulous.