“Friendly and centrally located hotel”
Review of Hotel La Ville

Hotel La Ville
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in The Hague
Hotel La Ville
Ranked #27 of 38 The Hague B&B and Inns
Sneek, The Netherlands
“Friendly and centrally located hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel from 28-29 October 2011. I had a single room. The room was clean and large enough and had a large television and a sink. The bathroom was shared as I had booked the budget room. Staff were very friendly and helpful! The hotel is very conveniently located in the centre of The Hague with all major sights and shops within walking distance. A tramway stop is opposite the hotel. The bar next to the hotel was rather noisy but this did not stand in the way of a good night sleep! I did not have breakfast in the hotel but breakfast looked nice as well! All in all a hotel I can certainly recomment!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
new york
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Our daughter was doing a two month internship in the Hague so we decided to make a 3 day visit..it was she who suggested the Hotel La Ville as she had heard good things about it...we flew into Amsterdam and took a train direct from the airport to the Hague and then took a tram from the station..we then had a 30 second walk to the hotel.....warmly greeted by the owner and the manager..they could not have been more helpful..I had asked for a room with light and we were given a large suite at the top (3rd floor). Everything very clean and we had no problems. Yes the staircase up is narrow but it was not a problem. I made three suggestions on leaving, 1) bedside lights need to be stronger 2) the entrance to the stairway was never brushed or cleaned, as a result always paper and leaves in the foyer 3) the cleaning lady (from Lithuania) was not good at giving more tea bags etc,,..she needs a bit more supervision.
Plenty of fun and good eating places in the area and good walks...in fact you can walk to most places. I would have no hesitation on recommending a stay here...it is not a Ritz Charlton but it is good value for money. Everyone involved was pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: ask for a room with plenty of light
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank begley85
Central Portugal, Portugal
Reviewed December 8, 2009

This is a good hotel, within a short walking distance of the main city centre, right next to tram 17 which goes to Centraal Station, and at a budget price. The rooms are immaculate, and mine looked to have been recently renovated, but one word of warning is that there is a very steep (and grotty) staircase leading up to the first-floor rooms which management needs to do something about. This staircase is old and tatty, and you should be careful on coming down as the risk of falling in such a steep and narrow staircase is high. On going up it the first time, you see how grotty it is and wonder that the rooms must be the same, but this is the only grotty part of the hotel.

The staff were generally friendly and helpful. They have three computers with free Internet access for guests in the breakfast room. Reception staff offered to print out my boarding pass for the plane as the only printer is at reception.

The whole decorative style of the hotel is a trendy pure white, and they play soothing music in the reception and breakfast areas, like you'd expect while getting a massage. Even the lights in the room are pure bright white, almost blinding, as the light reflects against everything else that's white in the room (furniture, bed linen, walls). Only the light brown parquet floor breaks up this sea of white.

The breakfast is a self-service buffet starting at 7.30am, and there is a copious choice. One of the staff brought scrambled egg and then bacon in straight from the kitchen. There is also a fruit bowl in the reception area where you can help yourself to some apples and oranges, at any time.

There was a notice in reception saying that parking at the hotel could be had for EUR 15 daily. I paid EUR 67 per night including tax, and I doubt if you could do much better than this given the cleanliness of the rooms, and the modern redecorated look.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank levado656
New York
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Be warned. We booked for several nights April, Stayed only one night. Housed with a drunken group of rugby players partying night. Disturbingly, we found our room had NO PHONE to seek help, and the hotel has no staff after 11:00. We were trapped and my wife and 8 year old were frightened as drunks wanting to come in to pee. We left for the Novotel the next morning. The manager apologized and we were promised a refund, including the one night we stayed. The clerk said the credit card machine wasn't working but took my card info and said a credit would be processed later. Now I have a bill for the full week on my card ($1600 U.S.), and no answer to e-mails. We will continue to pursue this matter but if you have a family, be warned this hotel is not a safe environment and we will yet see if they are dishonest as well.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank gardoug

Travelers are raving about these The Hague hotels

Southampton
Reviewed March 26, 2007

Hotel is in a building with typical local style (not modern boxes) - with steep stairs and big windows making my room very light. Breakfast is basic but wholesome. Location excellent. I had one of the "superior" rooms but they also have apartments which my colleagues enjoyed.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Our experience started when I sent an email direct to the hotel following an on line booking. They did not reply!

We found the hotel easily and first impressions were good. Our room was not quite ready (we were early) so we were given a free coffee and offered a chair in the lobby/bar. That was when I realised it was run down and needed a little TLC. All the flowers around were dead and the floor looked like it needed a good sweep!

We were given the keys to our room which was large and overlooked the front.

The sheets and towels were clean but again the floor needed a good sweep!

We later found out that being on the front was a mistake as it was very noisy until well into the early hours. The bed as usual in Europe was two singles pushed together and they kept moving during the night. The pillows were too soft and there was only one each.

Breakfast was OK with a reasonable choice but the crocks and cutlery looked like they needed a good clean and there were no napkins. The seating was not very comfortable and there were no staff to hand to replenish supplies (although one lady appeared and disappeared once).

The staff were friendly and we were able to leave our luggage to collect later (altough the room wasn't very secure).

We only stayed one night so it wasn't too bad but would prefer more luxury for a longer stay.

I would not stay again as I believe there are better quality hotels for the same price.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank piglet
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2006

Nice hotel with a cool atmosphere annd a nice decoration.
Friendly staff and clean rooms. Good copious nordic brekfast. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2006