“Loved the experience”
Review of Mochi - CLOSED

Mochi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mochi was born out of pure love! Patrick Buyze and Lissette Parra created a concept that intertwined both of their passion for travel and food. The restaurant offers a unique style of community dining serving Japanese-Latin American inspired dishes. The "Chefs Choice Menu" allows room for creativity and variety. With each course, you are served several distinct dishes to share and experience a journey of flavors like our famous Frikandel Speciaal. Aside from the menu there are a few classic items that can be ordered like the Pizza Sashimi, Bonito Waved Tiger Prawns and Hirado Asparagus. This innovative "new style" of cooking was influenced during both of their extensive travels around the world including Japan, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Colombia, Argentina, Brasil and many others which led to this success.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

For my first time in Den Haag, I found this quaint Asian Fusion restaruant. What a great little find. The food, sensational, the atmosphere, fantastic, service, wonderful, value for money. If it wasn't for a full belly, I would have ordered a second round. Love it. If you are ever in Den Haag, try this restaurant!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

one of my fav places in The Hague. Went there twice. great service, amazing food and experiance. I was a bit upset when I got the same surprise menu even tho i went 6 months after the 1st time. still - the food was from heaven.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dear All, don't get me wrong...I have been there 10 days ago for a bday occasion. We had so much fun, the place has this asian-cool style inside, it is quite small, I have to say but nice located (a little street inside Javastraat, Archipel buurt). The food for me and as well for many of my friends was quite a disappointment. They brought us nice entree' with explanation, little dishes that tasted almost all the same, althought they looked fantastic.
I was sitting with a vegetarian friend on my right, and she was really disappointed for some "vegetarian" dishes that they tasted nothing, or kind of "rubber". No good.
When they arrived with the main course, there was a lamb chop (cold) with some fried kavakava potatoes (I think that is their name). These were good, and the vegetarian frikandel at the beginning..The rest, sorry to say, was tastless and really a melting-pot of everything: oysters with on top orange-pulp and a read souce, very complicated dishes but ...where is the real food?
I understand this is "Fusion" but it was more a Confusion of tastes & foods all mixed together.

With wine/drinks we paid 55 Euro per person, which personally I think is a robbery because we were still hungry when we walked out.

I will not come back, call me "ignorant" and allowed me to say, after 4 years of living in Hong Kong, I can say what good Asian food can be.
Thanks Debora

2  Thank Caciottina68
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to this restaurant some time ago and had really high expectations over the restaurant given the reviews I read from tripadvisor. The service was terrible and they made no effort to make our experience memorable or whatsoever. The food is overpriced when you take into account the amount and quality of the food they serve. The place is not cozy at all. In fact, this restaurant is totally overrated. Overall is fair to say that I did not have a good experience and I won't recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank TA1User
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a team dinner at Mochi in February. The surprise menu was excellent and abundant. We had a few people with dietary requirements in the group (vegan and vegetarian respectively), but this was no issue for the kitchen staff at all.
The kitchen cookies a mixture of Peruvian and Japanese fusion, inspired by what is fresh and in season. Well recommended.