“Average!”
Review of Sapori D'Italia

Sapori D'Italia
Reserve with
Sapori D'Italia is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 1,604 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were there with 14 people and did go for a set menu of 4 courses and dessert. The variety was good and the service good considered the number and the fact that there were other customers...
My little disappointment is more around the food itself that was not outstanding but average italian food! I would though highlight the pasta with truffle oil which is usually bad chemical type of oil but here it was light and tasty, well done.

Date of visit: June 2014

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Nice interiors, but very good food. Enjoyed the long multi course dinner with nice wines. The service was good too. The owner was quite friendly.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Yes, the service is nice but the restaurant is understaffed. Yes, lots of food, but a fixed menu. Yes, it is a good meal, but overpriced. If a restaurant has a fixed menu, then it should show on the bill as it is much more economical. We paid more than a 100 euros for 2 menus, 2 glasses of cheap wine and a shared tiramisu. This is way too much! The food we got served was good, but nothing fancy. Let me say it again: this is way too expensive. Had we paid half, I would consider Sapori d'Italia to be one of my favorite restaurants in the Hague, a city notoriously poor with restaurants' options. But we paid more than 100 euros including tip for a bunch of antipasti, a bit of pasta and 2 different fish. So, I would like to conclude by saying: for an Italian restaurant with a fixed menu, this is way too expensive. There, I said it again.

Date of visit: January 2014
2  Thank WanderingProfessor
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my friend, and we had like 7 courses or more. And it was good. But not THAT great.

Price was.. Reasonable (for that much food)

The waiter was nice, he called a cab for us because we were too full to walk back to our hotels

1  Thank Syazzer
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Dinner at the No. 1 restaurant listed on TP is always exciting for any city, especially the one you live in. Expectations are naturally high, and so it might happen that I get overly critical. SD'I is certainly a classy restaurant where they take pride in the good feedback from customers. And rightly so. The owner and staff are very welcoming and make you feel right at home in a very pleasant atmosphere. The food is...well, Italian, so, how can you go wrong? The menu: bruschetta, mix of antipasti, pasta, fish/meat. EUR 39 pp. For the big eater: it sounds bigger than it actually is, so don't hold back on the bread with the antipasti. And mains are fairly straightforward. You get your piece of meat (pheasant) or fish (swordfish) on a plate and a few potatoes on a side plate. Nothing extraordinary. And a bit overly critical on my part, as suspected. Bottom line: I did enjoy it very much and make no mistake about it - this write-up is to be considered a recommendation!

Date of visit: November 2013