Although the staff in general is friendly (especially at the frontdesk) this hotel was for me as a Dutch man dissappointing.
Small rooms, loud noises and on top of that even as a hotel guest having dinner in the hotel restaurant they refuse to serve water from the tap as it is not their policy.
Instead they want you to buy Spa Blauw with your wine.
Madness and I refused to do this.
They gave me a hassle about it but when i asked to speak to the manager it was possible.
Plus side is the location and the breakfast room.
Let me put it this way, I can see way the Hilton in Den Haag was fully booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is directly located at the North Sea and is the ideal place to enjoy Scheveningen, the sea, the beach and the 'Royal' city of The Hague. The Grand Hotel Amrath Kurhaus The Hague offers a selection of 253 elegant accomodations. Each of the rooms offer extra-long, comfortable bedding, a desk and free use of the minibar which is restocked daily. The private bathroom comes with a contemporary decor. The restaurant serves an extensive breakfast and features views over the North Sea. When the weather allows it, it is also possible to enjoy breakfast on the terrace of the hotel. Guests can have a high-tea, brunch or coffee while chatting in the conservatory. The restaurant serves classic French-style haute cuisine for dinner, with a slight focus on fish and seafood dishes. The usage of the Wi-Fi is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hotel Amrath Kurhaus The Hague Scheveningen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Kurhaus The Hague
- Hotel Steigenberger Kurhaus