“Clean room and good location”

Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
“Clean room and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The room was clean . Hotel of course is very impressive from the inside. Room was spacious and had tea and coffee making facilities. Room had petals sprinkled all over (maybe because we mentioned that we just got engaged). the tv in the room is placed in the corner of the room behind a big piece of furniture. Not really practical. There was a concierge that took us to our room which wasnt really necessary as we carried our own luggage. He walked us to our room and poointed out the obvious : "this is the tv" , "this is the bed", "this is the bathroom" , 'that is the window" ....??? it was a bit silly really. I have been to a lot of luxury hotels and this just seemed like a waste of personnel. He waited around akwardly for a tip , which I refused to give as he didnt do a thing!

During checkout the same concierge passed us by and didnt even bother to greet just gave us a mean glance, terrible! Unlike the rest of the staff who greet whenever you pass by,....as is normal. He must have been upset we didnt tip. Shame as the rest were very friendly and helpful even had a turndown service. He kind of spoiled the image I have of Des indes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Ceecee,

Thank you very much for your visit to Hotel Des Indes and for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are delighted to learn that you had a positive experience with us. However, we are sorry to read that some service interactions were not up to our standard. We will discuss this with our team to avoid repetition in the future. Please do note that our entire team is informed about the fact that tips are included in their wages and therefore tips should not be expected as you describe. Let us please apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel and completely blew me away, it's not the normal modern hotel am used to. but was pleasently suprised with the large rich interiors of the room. It's almost like a boutique hotel somewhat.

The hotel is also just next to a road that goes down with plenty to eat and drink, this makes your stay even more interesting as things are round the corner.

Hotel staff were top class and my stay was the best without doubt.

Room Tip: Do take a walk outside and down the street, it's jsut there and an absolute delight
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Thivanka
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Des Indes and for the time you took to write a review on your stay on Tripadvisor.com.

It is a delight to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

As you already mention, Hotel Des Indes is situated very well in the center of The Hague. The Denneweg, which is right around the corner offers a great collection of antique shops and wonderful restaurants.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the entrance to our departure, the entire experience was a once in a lifetime one. All the members of staff that assisted us, or saw in the corridor greeted us sincerely. this made us feel very comfortable during our stay.
Furthermore the city of The Hague is definitely worth paying a visit to!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank truffelfan
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Traveller,

A sincere thank you for your very nice comments on Tripadvisor. We are very proud to read that you have experienced your stay with us as a great one and it is our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I was fortunate when I went to the Hague with my family and the usual 5 star hotels were full and 'left' with Des Indes which I have not heard before. I was pleasantly surprised. Has huge rooms for European standard, its a former holiday palace and hence has a rich history with a palatial interior. Has modern facilities - LCD TV and a Nespresso coffee machine! What separates it is the staff. So helpful and friendly from the porters to checkin in and banquet. Breakfast spread is a lot more than other hotels I have been to in Europe. Location is 12 mins walk to central train station and 3 mins to a tram location. Smack in a line of boutique shops and 5 mins walk to the Hague shopping district and historical places. The rooms are old and hence in one of our stay, my room had a cold breeze through the window. This was easily solved by the hotel who supplied us with an extra portable heater. It is part of the Sheraton chain.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RazifYusoff
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your visit to Hotel Des Indes. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have shared this online.

Hotel Des Indes is part of Starwood, and Starwood also has brands like Sheraton for example. In all of the Starwood brands you are able to use your SPG membership.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Des Indes Hotel is the best hotel in the Netherlands and is very charming. Staff was welcoming, warm, friendly, and accomodating They allowed leaving my bags for several extra hours and a few other conveniences. I have stayed there several times. All the rooms are good and well decorated in Old World European style. The room had new LCD screens now. Fitness center is smaller, but has all the equipment needed. All fitness staff is nice and especially the Manager. He was always welcoming and smiling. Des Indes Tea was very tasty. I recommend this Hotel, historic and the best location for class in The Hague . it is expensive but is worth the money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DaveHom1796
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Hotel Des Indes. Thank you so much for your kind words. We have passed on your comments to our team.

Our Des Indes Health Club and Spa offers all necessary facilities for a great work out. The team is always there to personally assist you during your work out. Also our beautician is always there to facilitate the best treatments with great products.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was so amazing, and not at all what I was expecting. I ended up catching a horrible cold the day before I arrived, and the amazing staff at the front desk made my check in process so smooth and quick. I ended up in a lovely room, that while small, was absolutely perfect for the solo traveller. The in room dining was always so quick and tasty, and Concierge was able to give me perfect directions to a near by pharmacy when I needed one. They also told me about Vapiano's which is an adorable italian-esque restaurant nearby that was so amazing! Upon my deperature they were also able to help me book a car service to take me back to the airport which was so lovely, and made me end my stay with a cherry on top.

The only thing I wish was that internet would have been slightly cheaper, but I am glad such a strong signal was available none the less in my room.

I hope to stay at this hotel again in the future, and explore more that it has to offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RBCanada99
Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is a great pleasure to read that you have experience your stay in Hotel Des Indes and it would be a delight to welcome you back as our guest.

As you already mention, our concierges know the greatest hot spots in the city and it is always their pleasure to assist you with all possible requests.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a beautiful historical hotel with attention to detail. As an American I find hotels in the Netherlands usually very small. This room on the Club level was large and beautifully appointed, the bathroom actually had an electrical outlet next to the mirror for plugging in hair tools. Our room was quiet with mini bar and a desk for working. The high tea was "nice" but did not flow, long time between several courses, we didn't receive all the tea choices and it sort of faded at the end. Front desk staff and doormen very attentive, great location, and good experience. I would return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DIndes, General Manager at Hotel Des Indes, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your stay in Hotel Des Indes and for sharing your view with the world.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we have passed on your comments to our Front Office team!

Also we take you comments with regards to the service during High Tea very serious and we do our utmost to retrain our staff here.

We hope to welcome you back soon!