“haagse ster”
Review of Paleis Hotel

Paleis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed June 18, 2012

great location in the old town surounded by nice shops cafes resturants. Lovely rooms ask for a high room at the back & you get a nice view too. Having been many times to Holland and being based in Amsterdam I would consider staying in The Hague next time just to stay here. If you dont want to pay €16,50 for a complete breakfast there is a perfectly good cofee & cafe down the street which is what I would do if not staying on business. Staff recomended a good indonesian resturant (Garuda) near by and were generally helpful

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hkajax

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I booked to stay one night here after reading the reviews. I was not disappointed. Agree with everything people have said here. Greeted pleasantly on our early arrival, left our bags with them and walked around the suggested sites of the Hague. Decent sized room and bathroom. Good value as well. Nice breakfast, if a little limited. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed this centrally located boutique hotel when we visited friends and really enjoyed the hand-made bed! The room was well-appointed and very comfrotable, with a large bathroom. We enjoyed a delicious Dutch breakfast with bread, cheese, meats, eggs, and of course the juice and coffee that we require to get our day started. The hotel was very easy to get to from the train station via tram, and once we droped off our luggage we had a lovely lunch at a nearby restuarant. Can't say enough about the warm, friendly and efficient staff - thank you ( dank U well) Elisabeth. Our only regret was the weather did not allow us to enjoy the lovely garden terrace.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet due to hotel's location in a quiet street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rverboon
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband had to work in DH and I tagged along, choosing this hotel for its location, and we were not disappointed! Knowing how lively the Dutch can be late in the evening, I was worried about our front room, but the double glazing coped with any noise, and frankly anyone who travels should pack earplugs. When he went off to work, I snuggled back into one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hotel, getting up late to explore the many shops in the area, and venturing further out to see the great museums and attractions in DH. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, ok, wi-fi was pricy, BUT it worked! The bathroom was great, and the whole place was shining clean and well cared for by the cheerful housemaids.Can't wait to go back there, and might even get up in time for breakfast next time........

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelhappy_7
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our room was very nicely furnished and with twin beds, as we had asked for. Big window with nice views as we stayed on the third floor. Nice bathroom with bathtube, bathrobe and slippers. There is a parking just in front of the hotel, expensive. Many shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andepra
Reviewed March 5, 2012

If this is your first trip to Den Haag, or even if you've been before, if you've not stayed at the Paleis Hotel you should! Years ago I used to live and work in Den Haag and I used to walk past this hotel every day on my way to work. I've always wanted to stay there as it looked so chic and elegant through the window. When I finally got to return to Den Haag this February, I booked my boyfriend and I in to the Paleis Hotel and I was not dissappointed. It was everything I expected and more.

The rooms were beautiful, the beds were so comfy it was hard to get up in the morning, you couldn't want for a better location as it's easy to walk to everywhere and the staff were so accommodating and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

As a couple, it made our first holiday together stress free, relaxing and of course, very romantic. I can't wait to save up and go back next year. Thank you Paleis Hotel for making our stay so special.

Room Tip: Rooms looking in to the courtyard are quieter than the ones looking in to the street.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed January 31, 2012

city center location. good shops,restaurants, key sights nearby.
cosy hotel, huge bed (2.1m,but its 2singles put together).big bathroom. big french window.
average breakfast, beautiful room settings.
have a lift (which is not that common in europe)

have to pay for WIFI, not cheap!
limited parking by street,expensive. garage is about 500m away, not too bad, but hotel didnt give any instructions about how to get to the garage/which is the cloest,etc.
the bed is way too soft, but i was told its a dutch thing, so be prepared.

overall a very good hotel for city explorers. book advance for discount, good value. will stay next time in town.

• Stayed: January 2012