“Very nice stay @ The Hague”

Carlton Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in The Hague
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Very nice stay @ The Hague”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed in The Hague for 3 days and I can say it was a great experience. The hotel is very well located, within a walk of the main points of interest of the city. Very ample and comfortable room & bathroom, nice bed & linen, very clean. Thought breakfast was not the same level of the hotel, but was OK. Very nice staff. It was a business trip, but would afford family, friends and husband

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Adriana,

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experiences at the Ambassador with other travellers. Fantastic to read that your stay with us was a great experience! Our team can't wait welcoming you again. For your next visit our Chef, Edward Kreuger, is more than willing to arrange items you specifically missed during breakfast this time. Of course all possible improvements are also always welcome by e-mail to apaulides@ambassador.carlton.nl or by telephone +31 70 3630363.

Arwin Paulides

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The staff at this hotel make you feel that you are one o their best friends that have come to stay in their home. The wine list is excellent, the food is good and the rooms are charming. I'd move in tomorrow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Whirlers
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear guest,

We are thrilled you experienced perfect hosting during your stay at Carlton Ambassador as we always aim to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests! Jules, our Food & Beverage Manager loves your compliment about the selection of wines in our MoodBook. And yes, we do like you to move in tomorrow! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful review.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I enjoyed the two nights. This is a hotel that many would find traditional. If you want to stay in a modern establishment chose one of the larger chains. For me, it was a nice place to unwind after a busy week. The room was fine, with the only 'entertaining' part being how they managed to fit everything into the small bathroom - including a deep bath, a separate shower and the toilet. Tight, but manageable. The bed is very comfortable. The only cloud on the visit was when I left. The front of office assured me - twice - that the taxi to Amsterdam airport would be Euro $65. So, I asked them to book one for me. Apparently this is a rate that is organised. So, when I was charged $105 at the airport I was not pleased. This is something that needs addressing as the behaviour of the taxi driver took away from the visit.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet location ask to not be looking out over the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary,

Fantastic to read that you experienced the Ambassador as a great place to unwind after a busy week, as boutique hotel we always aim to create a homy atmosphere. Regarding the taxi drive to Schiphol I would like to ask you if you are able to e-mail me some details to apaulides@ambassador.carlton.nl. I can fully understand that you were not pleased after the driver charged you the mentioned amount since whe have other agreements with our taxi companies. Thanks for your review, we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon as we would love to welcome you back.

Best regards,
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel whilst attending a wedding recently. The wedding reception was also at the hotel. The entire experience was great. The most attentive, helpful and pleasant staff I have ever encountered in a hotel. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. No problems with noise and when we ordered room service (after arriving very late, at nearly midnight) the food was delivered promptly.
The only reason I have not given it 5 stars overall is that while I felt the room rate was very reasonable the breakfast rate of nearly €50 for the two of us, was in my opinion much higher than justifiable based on a nice, but not exceptional, hotel breakfast.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, but I would say that given the proximity to adorable cafes and other places to have breakfast there is no reason to spend quite so much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AJS_travell
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Ambassador whilst attending a fantastic wedding party. It is a true delight to read your review and a great boost to the team to receive these great words of recognition. Regarding the price of our breakfast I would like to let you know that we always do offer special rates including breakfast and also have the possibility to book breakfast in advance against a special rate. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future reservation, we will go for five stars next time!

Warm regards,
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Very good location just blocks from the old town pedestrian shopping streets.

The outdoor cafe is a great venue to catch a little sun.

The rooms themselves were solidly comfortable (and quite spacious by European standards) if not a bit dated.

A good choice for a city break or business trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Ambassador and that you were able to enjoy our sunny terrace as well. Our service team is looking forward to prepare delicious food & drinks from our MoodBook again!

Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed for a week at the Carlton Ambassador in a double room with breakfast included. The hotel is impeccably managed, each staff member was excellent in their service delivery and general demeanour! Breakfast was delicious and with a wide variety of options. I truly loved staying at this hotel, the character of the beautiful decor was an additional positive. Would highly recommend staying here while in the Hague.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience at Carlton Ambassador. I am delighted that you specific mention the excellent service delivery of our entire team. Wow, what a fantastic compliment! We all are looking forward to welcome you again during your next visit to The Hague!

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, very charming and classy (not stuffy)!. Centrally located, within walking distance of the center and stores and restaurants. I stayed here for 3 nights and my room was spacious, and is loved the classy touch of the plush bathrobe and slippers.
The breakfast was very good and the coffee was excellent!
I also had dinner once and lunch another time T the hotel's Henrikus restaurant. I enjoyed both.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Antigoniesq
Arwin_Paulides, General Manager at Carlton Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for recommending Carlton Ambassador at Tripadvisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed the charming ambience we love to offer here. We are glad that you liked our breakfast and even experienced our coffee as excellent. Looking forward offering you that good start of the day very soon again!

Kind regards,