Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central
NH Den Haag(The Hague)(Great Value!)
$99
$119
$111
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton The Hague(The Hague)
$209
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$263
  • Pool
All reviewscentral stationprivilege roomden haagglass wallaccor hotelsnice hotelwithin walking distancemini fridgefree wifimain shoppingten minute walknice showerfresh orange juicebusiness tripbreakfast was excellentrooms are moderncity centre
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on a short Newmarket holidays break. I cannot fault the hotel at all. It is centrally located but we didn't hear any noise from outside. We were located on the fourth floor. Our room was modern and spotless. The breakfast was excellent with a really good choice. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We would have no hesitation in staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed for a week on business and had stayed at the mercure many times before so I was there by choice of location and value.
Reception a breese.  Speedy check-in and rooms on the 7th floor facing the front.  So nice view at night and morning.
The barman was really great and I am so disapointed I have forgotten his name otherwise he would have got a special mention.
We only ate in the restaurant once during the visit but what we had was excellent and no complaints.
I also got to taste a couple of wines before ordering, as the Chianti was to mellow for me and explained this to the barman - no problem he said - come and try a couple of others to see what you prefer.  Not many places will do this for you especially in the UK.
The room was large and a great flat screen with large number of channels including English language ones. Gigantic bed and extremely comfortable and could sleep 5 if you wanted.  The bedding is very much to my liking and I slept like a top every night.
No trouser press would be my only negative comment.
The bathroom had a very large shower cubicle and a glass wall facing onto the bedroom.
Easy to control shower temperature and pressure was good.
Nice range of complimentary toiletries.  What I also really liked was the large number of proper wooden coat hangers and not the anti-theft ones either - real ones.
Huge number of tourists in hotel so it was a nightmare if you tried to get into the lifts as they were in large groups, but only a minor irritation.
Breakfast was excellent - large selection of cold meats and great Dutch cheeses, fresh sliced smoked salmon, fruits and really decent coffee.  There were plenty of joices but there was also a fresh-squeezed orange machine which delivered pure orange juice - awesome.  As you would expect, lots of breads and rolls plus special cakes.  The list is too long to mention and has been covered by others before me.
In summary, a great hotel in a really convenient location.  A few minutes walk to Central Station, or any of the trams a few minutes walk away.  Some great bars and restaurant around the hotel plus of course, China Town right outside the front door.

Room Tip: Higher up - the better the view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. The bartenders name is Rick. I will pass on your feedback to him. Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel as it was in a great location only a couple of hundred metres to the Binnenhof. The Room had recently been refurbished, was modern, clean and was excellent value including breakfast. Front desk staff were very welcoming and friendly and English speaking. Great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed in the Mercure Hague Central for 4 nights whilst attending a conference in The Hague.

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of town, close to the central railway station and bus and tram stops. I found it easy to walk to the hotel from Central Station on arrival and departure, which saved on sometimes expensive taxi fares.

The rooms are modern and, for the most part, well designed. Rooms, bedding and bathroom was impeccably clean and made for a very comfortable stay. I agree with other guests comments regarding the rather unusual bathroom 'window' from shower cubical to bedroom, but as I was travelling alone it was not a problem. I did also clock, as other guests had commented, that the 'double' bed was indeed two adjacent single beds. This, in my opinion, is not ideal. However, again, as a single traveller it did not cause me concern.

Staff were always very welcoming and polite, both at reception and those which I encountered during breakfast. Breakfast is well worth including in your booking rate; its reasonably varied and of good quality. It became a little 'samey' after four days, but I think all hotel breakfasts do!

All in all, a very positive experience. I would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: My room was very hot, despite having the a/c set on lowest temp. I mentioned it to reception and it certainly got cooler on the second night - its worth asking if your finding the room warm!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AtoB1985
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stay in this hotel for 2 week when i in The Hague. The location is convenience as it near to den haag central (5 to 10) min walk. Around that area is near to Chinatown & easy access to shopping streets. There are restaurant around where is convenience

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AKnijff, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Den Haag Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you again in the future!