“A good choice”
Review of Parkhotel Den Haag

Parkhotel Den Haag
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my wife and relatives, had 3 superior rooms with b&b arrangement.
To be very sinthetic: I found the hotel very good value for money, it is ideally located if you care to be right in the centre of the city and it also offers a more than decent garage to help you with parking. Breakfast was very good, staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Suggestions to guests: try and book the rooms overlooking the park and not the street. No real problem with the street side bu the park view is nicer!

Suggestions to the hotel: breakfast room chairs!! A real pity to find such ruined and dirty chairs as the breakfast service really has no other downsides. Also a slightly negative note regarding the beds: my wife had a real hard time getting used to the mattress and I can only suggest the same remedy as the breakfast chairs: urgent renewal!

All in all we had a very good stay and we will probably return! Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fabrizio B
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and the breakfast.
Thank you for the great compliment to all the staff!

You are completely right about the chairs and that is why they have been renovated more than a year ago. Probably we had some of the old chairs in the breakfast room to make sure all guests were able to sit.
However we are aware of the chairs and do our best to avoid using them.

Sorry to read that your wife did not get used to the mattress.
Next time please feel free to ask for an extra top mattress for example.

Thanks again and we look forward welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Parkhotel Den Haag

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here for work so unsure of the cost, but my room was comfortable and quiet. Simple...but had all I needed. The Royal Palace is just outside the window, which was rather a novelty! The setting is nice and location central - the street outside is not at all noisy (no traffic at all) but lots of quirky shops. Had lunch in the garden outside - nice place to sit and enjoy typical Dutch fayre (with fantastic rye bread - can't recommend the bread enough!)

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the front.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kasstage
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay!
Did you plan your next visit already?
Please let us know, so we can book a room in the front again.

We look forward welcoming you again in Parkhotel Den Haag!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service at Parkhotel was wonderful. The front desk staff was very helpful at check-in, offering me a tea while I waited for my room (since I had arrived before check-in time). I appreciated having a fridge in the room and the free wifi. There was a lovely view of the gardens, and the water pressure in the shower was superb. I was concerned being off the main stairwell, but noise was not a concern at all! While the room was small and a bit crammed, it served my needs. I wish the curtains blocked a bit more light, but I was comfortable. The central location made getting around and seeing the city very easy. Many thanks to the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Sunluff,

Thank you for your positive feedback!

It is real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel.
The staff is also delighted with your nice comments.

Hopefully we will see you back again.
We look forward to it!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Room was very small (but ok for Dutch standards), tv wasn't working properly. Shower made the entire bathroom wet. I didn't like the room with the doors opening to the garden, because I felt I had to keep the curtains closed for privacy. Location is absolutely perfect right in the middle of town, bars, restaurants and shops. I don't think you'll get much better at this price so it was ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

It is nice to hear that you liked the area!

Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room.
All our rooms are different, as part of the history of the hotel.
Please let us know if you are coming next time, then we can reserve a room in the main building.

We hope to welcome you again and show you that the service and the rooms are from a high standard.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I am comparing this to the fantastic CitizenM in Rotterdam (modern, fresh and significantly cheaper) and the American Hotel in Amsterdam (traditional, ambience). The reception area promises much in terms of modern freshness, but the room itself was a bit disappointing. The furniture was 80s-esque and tired looking. It was dusty in places and the shower was just paltry where you had to stand right against the wall to get the water (it was a rain shower head which came down vertically, but did not protrude far enough from the wall). The shower/toilet area was very clean. I think we had room 335. We were only there for one night. Would we go back here? Probably not. The room was too expensive for what you got with the relative neglect and there are better value places out there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank desertorkid

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room (you had room 330)
The rooms should be clean and free of dust of course.
We will discuss this with our housekeeping department.
All rooms have been renovated in 2012, so the furniture should still be fine.

Hopefully you will give us the chance to show you that the hotel is worth staying.
Could you be so kind to send an e-mail to info@parkhoteldenhaag.nl, so we will have your details for a future stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I frequently travel to The Hague on business and decided to try out the Parkhotel on my last visit. I was not disappointed. It is in a great part of town; just off the Noordeinde (full of small independent shops) and the Molenstraat and the adjoining Prinsestraat are crammed with restaurants. All the sights and shopping precincts are within walking distance, and even the central rail station can be reached within 20 minutes or less. The Parkhotel itself is full of character with an imposing central staircase. I was given a very spacious and light-filled room on the third floor overlooking the gardens of the Noordeinde palace. It was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed (unfortunately two singles pushed together rather than an orthodox double). Wifi was free and worked efficiently. Breakfast was served in a room downstairs and the choice and quality of food available was impressive. The staff was very welcoming. I really had no complaints and look forward to my next stay at the Parkhotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback.
Your feedback is really valuable to us.
It is good to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked the area.
We are pleased to share this with all the staff.

Thanks again for your recommendation and hope to see you soon!
We look forward to it!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayd in this hotel for five nights with my parent's. They had a double room and I had a single room. The double superior was bigger than my appartment back home (21 square metres) with nice wooden floor and a walk in closet. My one person room was smaller with wall-to-wall carpet and a basic wardrobe, but still well big enough for myself. Beds in both rooms very really comfortable and the hotel is quiet so you'll get a good night sleep here! We had breackfast every morning (not including our room price, so payd 21,5e per person per morning) but it was well worth the price when you don't want to start your morning by searching for a cafeteria which opens before 10am. Rooms also equiped with a kettle and fridge so breackfast (and lunch etc) is possible to enjoy in the room!

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull. On every last friday of the month they also organice a blues evening that is worth experiencing. Will return if I go back to The Hague.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Parkhotel_DH, Manager at Parkhotel Den Haag, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments.
We are happy that you and your parents enjoyed your stay that much.
This is really what we stand for, so it is good to know that you appreciate it.

Nice to hear that you liked the Blues night as well.

We hope to welcome you and your parents back in the hotel again.
Please let us know when you are coming!