Tripadvisor
The Hague

“Cozy place, delicious italian food”
Review of Palato

Palato
Reserve a Table
Fri, 2/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #334 of 1,723 Restaurants in The Hague
Description: Our passion for cuisine is back rooted into the childhood, where both act of cooking as well as the act of working the filed- became sacred. These two elements - the care for genuine and fresh products as well as the constant habitude to reconnect to heritage of flavor's - brought us in the condition to create a restuarant with a small menu based seasonal products and on house made pasta & bread.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in a nice and quiet area, Palato is a small and welcoming italian restaurant, with a cozy and romantic atmosphere. I loved the fact that it has a seasonal menu, all dishes are prepared on the spot and the bread and pasta is homemade.
We tried the duck (good quality meat and very well cooked) and tagliatelle with wild boar meat. It was a delight!! The desserts are also delicious ❤️
The owners are right there presenting the menu, explaining each dish if necessary and giving suggestions for drinks.
I loved it and I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From start to finish Andrea and Adela made us feel like family. Italian style. We were serenaded by a gentlemen playing an accordion (special evening). This provided us with an atmosphere like eating in a Piazza in Italy. Adela assisted us with our selection. My husband, who has to eat Gluten Free, had many delicious options including a homemade dessert. The house red wine was full bodied and accompanied our pasta perfectly. I can really recommend Palato. It’s just wonderful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are an italian couple from the sea side. Finally I could find somebody cooking the fish as in my city, fresh fish, handmade fresh pasta, wonderful wine.
Best quality food, nice decoration and really original dishes.It was a really dip in my country, I couldn’t ask better.I can’t wait to go back and try more dishes!
Thanks to all the staff, especially the owner who was really kind and professional at the same time.
For the quality of the food, the price are more than honest.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Came here with my parents and we really enjoyed it. The food was fresh and everything, including the breads etc, was homemade. They surprise menu was really good and the dishes were not the same as the ones stated on the menu. I would recommend to go to Palato where you can find the real Italian kitchen in a modern way. Bravi!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

One of the best restaurants I've ever seen. I've been to restaurant Palato many days ago with my family, and was a super great dinner, the dishes were very impressive and lekker and the restaurant is very confortable. I'll be back.