“disappointment”

Restaurant Alexander
Reserve with
Restaurant Alexander is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,364 Restaurants in The Hague
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: BBQ/Grill Restaurant Alexander is one of the best the Hague restaurants in the center of the city. Our BIG Green Egg restaurant is located on the elegant Denneweg 138 in The Hague. Top BBQ/Grill Dining, Excellent Wine, hospitality and friendliness in The Hague restaurant Alexander is the right place! The chef Alexander is familiar with the BBQ/Grill international cuisine, with Italian, French, Russian, Organic, Vegetarian and Fish Dishes and continues to explore new combinations. Alexander ensures that all dishes has his signature bear. Homemade paste and Lamb Shashlik, Iberico Pork, wild mushrooms and truffle sauce... A few reasons why our guests keep coming back... Alexander is a grill restaurant in The Hague for anyone who loves good food. In a friendly ambience, you can enjoy BBQ/Grill cuisine, fresh herbs, local vegetables and excellent service. Excellent price/quality and service ratio makes restaurant Alexander one of the best BBQ/Grill restaurants in The Hague
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant during restaurant-week. After reading the reviews we were very excited to have dinner at this place because it seemed to match our prefefences. However, the good service and high quality dishes we expected, happened to be untrue. It looked like they could not handle their full restaurant, which is such a pity. The dishes were way too simple and in the end not worth the money.

3  Thank Merel V

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had the "signature dish" Poulet Noir: Free range chicken stuffed with foie gras, mushrooms and truffle sauce, and it was very good indeed. It did take me a while to figure out that the foie gras was lying to one side, and for me it worked better to add a small portion of this to each bite, but that's a personal preference, probably.
We were a group of 10 and had to leave the restaurant by a certain time for an evening engagement, which had staff worried, briefly, but then everything got organised swiftly and service was prompt and attentive.
Most staff have Russian as their first language, but Dutch and English are no problem.

1  Thank profgb
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant on Denneweg on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the staff friendly. We went for the 25 euro three course deal and all the courses were excellent. The house wine was also very good. Nice touch being given a complimentary glass of Limoncello with the bill.

1  Thank JZHendry
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The staff is very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent: tuna as entree, lamb as main dish were both of excellent quality and taste. The limoncello as a surprise at the end was great. As I had to drive I can't review the wine, but my colleagues said that even the simple house wine was good.

1  Thank Willem d
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My hotel was next to the Plein in The Hague with lots of restaurants choices but to be honest I'd been disappointed with some of the restaurants so decided to walk the 10 minutes down the road to the Alexander.
Well what a difference, great food, excellent, friendly and attentive service and affordable prices. It's often the little touches that make the difference, like seeing you are on your own and not putting you in the centre of the restaurant, or offering you a complementary drink at the end of the meal. I can see why it is rated so highly and justly so. The set menu is great value and the chicken was superb. I had the Crepe Suzette to finish and it was just as it should be.

Good restaurants for me are not about having huge menus but more about doing a few dishes really well and this definitely falls in to that category. I'll no doubt be dropping in again.

1  Thank Adrian J