“Top quality place”
Review of Hilton The Hague

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Larger than average rooms and typical Hilton comfort.
The place is about 20min from the centre but there a few nice bars nearby.
Be warned some of the restaurant prices reflect people that many meal are charged to the 'company' or you and me as tax payers!
A great place in an interesting city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague.

There are newer reviews for Hilton The Hague

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a fantastic surprise compared to other hotels I've stayed in when in Holland - best Hilton I've stayed in by far, great room, great service, comfy bed but 20 Euros per day for wifi ....... come on, not in this day and age, fix this and its 5 star through an through

Rob

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Enjoyed a few nights here while hubby was working in The Hague. Great to rediscover the city where I grew up and this hotel certainly is in an excellent location. You can pretty much walk everywhere and there are lots of lovely bars and restaurants in the area. The room was comfy and beautiful, service was very nice and breakfast very copious for Dutch standards. Friendly & helpful staff throughout the hotel. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice response on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were happy to be back in The Hague.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here two years ago. Now, as then, the hotel is well run with well-designed rooms and good staff. What has really improved is the bar. The people behind the bar are dedicated to their craft. Excellent cocktails and drinkers make for good bar chat.

The location of the hotel is excellent: a 15 minute walk to the World Forum to the North, and brown pubs and good restaurants 2 minutes to the south. Conference people tend to stay up beside the World Forum, but they are missing out on all fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and that our team did a great job. I have shared your compliments with them.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend, and during booking I noted weekend prices are lower than during the week, so was great value on my weekend trip. Upgraded to a Studio Suite. Loved my stay and staff were great, will definitely stay here again, and recommend to others for weekends.

Nice large room, but only an internal courtyard view. That said maybe even outer rooms views are not of great interest either based on what is around outside hotel to see from rooms.
Usual furniture, King Bed, Work Desk + Desk Chair, small table with two chairs+ two foot stools. Interestingly as wel as minibar (faulty not openable) Studio had separate Fridge, Sink, China+Cutlery and a Combo Microwave/Oven. Used Fridge to chill water but not much else.
Large Bathroom, His+Hers sinks, Bath and separate walkin shower cubical. Plent of towels, soap, and instant plentiful hot water. Towels large size enough (but thin, not fluffy, a let down to me)
Flatscreen TV, ok UK channels, BBC1/2, ITV1/2/4 which was good enough for me.

Lounge on same top 5th Floor (actualy top floor = 6, but is a residence floor, no hotel rooms), has usual breakfast (although I ate in restaurant), evening nibbles (I found dissapointing choice on all my 3 nights, compared to many other HH Lounges, and this is 5* Hilton Hotel not 4* )

BUT a great drinks hour, 1530 - 2100. Apparently too many guests missed 6-9pm, due to working, time difference to USA maybe, so they now open for drinks at 15.30. Nice choice of drinks, plenty of wine Even cardboard cups to take a coffee to rooms.

Restaurant breakfast had a great choice of Cold + Hot food, although I just too cold breakfast. I was impressed. Only issue is the 'closed of room area where food is put out' ...getting to the foods when even moderately busy (read 15 people at once ) is too crowded, best go late or early.

Main shopping street (left from hotel) shops start just 100m away across the road, lots of shops to visit, including an Indian restaurant, was just OK, and not very cheap and 30m further an Irish bar with Guiness.
The other direction, 50m from hotel to right is small restaurant with steaks, ribs, which was nice the day I used it.
Room service was fine, although 7euro room service fee whether food or just 1x beer, they did a nice pasta dish, good size portion, which came up hot and on time

Would definitelty recommend the hotel, and Lounge access, a pleaseant fizzy wine for evenings, and will be returning when I next visit Den Haag. Staff were all very good, friendly polite etc, all of front door, reception, lounge, restaurant and could not be faulted.

Taxi's needed booking from reception in advance, reception suggested book 15minutes before hand. Seems each city area has own taxi phone number though, so coming back need ring a different number to reserve a taxi. Taxi to/from Den Haag Central station is 10minutes and 10-15 euros.

Room Tip: Get Exec Room upwards for Lounge Access.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to see that we did succeed. Thank you for all the nice compliments, I will forward your comments to my team.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

my stay this time had me deal with front desk that was not as receptive as when I was there 2 years ago when the hotel was newer.
1. longhaul 10 hr flight early check-in had been requested 2 weeks prior - no room available for an hour and then I had to go check myself with them even though I had told them I was at the restaurant
3. room type booked not the room given. not very apologetic at all even though thsi was changed the next day
2. shuttle we had booked to our office left without us even though we arrived at the door on time .the man responsible was at pains to apologise did not have an expanation for this
3. I booked a chauffeur service with them but it slipped their minds to book for me.thank God the chauffeurs made it on time even in peak hour traffic.

besties are still :
1.so close to that long shopping street and my fav restaurant La Liguria
2.The restaurant & its awesome 3 course dinner & general very courteous service-love these guys esp the very tall one(even for a Dutchman)
3.the modern rooms & their cleanliness
4.the music that follows you to the bathroom
5.chauffeurs can be arranged to take you anywhere
6. the well stocked minibar

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, but I have also noted your comments regarding our check-in procedure, the room assigned to you and the shuttle bus. Please, be assured your comments have been discussed with our Front Desk manager and various actions are already in place to ensure this does not re-occur in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A bigger terrace is the only thing missing when the Sun starts to set in Autumn. What a nice clean and modern place right in the hart off this beautiful city. Good food and quality staff that helps in a friendly not to formal manner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am happy to inform you that we will get a much bigger terrace when the building next to our hotel is completed. The terrace belongs to SPARK, our new bar. Then we will have three nice terraces where our guests can enjoy the sun.