“best value for money in the Hague”
Review of Hilton The Hague

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great hotel at good location with high comfort level.
Stayed on fourth floor en enjoyed the exec. lounge very much.
Location in next to panorama Mesdag and easy to reach by tram line 1 (stop Mauritskade)

pro
- location next to shopping street
- high service
- new hotel
- huge bathroom

con
-none

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very nice to hear you had a pleasant stay with us in The Hague.

There are newer reviews for Hilton The Hague

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked this twin room as a Christmas gift for my friends who were visiting The Hague and had not seen the room beforehand. It was lovely though and the bathroom was fantastic with good space, light and cleanliness.
One disappointment was that they had temporarily misplaced an object that I had left for my friend that I needed leaving in the room for her. It was eventually found but meant we wasted time waiting for staff to locate it.
However, my friends reported an excellent breakfast experience and that this hotel was one of the nicest that they had stayed in so money well spent in my mind.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your friends had a nice time with us in Hilton The Hague.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend at Den Haag, nice city… We were surprised of architecture of this Hilton Hotel, rebuild in the old post, really nice and futurist, we like-it, as gold member was upgraded to the executive floor, room was also really futurist and nice, we really enjoyed. Hotel staff was really nice and helpful from the check-in until check out, good job guys… We had dinner at Hilton restaurant (warm decorated and comfy) and I must say that food was really good, wine card could be better as I found lots of errors but was not a problem. Parking fee is 25 euros but you could also park the car in nearest streets, I cost me 22 euros. We definitely will come back to this lovely city and nice hotel and why not for New Year’s Eve?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not a place where we go normally, but we had a great weekend here! A big room, very nice and helpfull staff and the breakfast....! both days it was a pity when it was eleven o'clock and breakfast was finished:-). The location is great, you can walk to the centre of the Hague and with the tram the beach is close by. It is to expensive to do often, but if you have the money or a real got offer i can really recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am glad you liked the city, our breakfastbuffet and the rooms in our hotel.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hilton Hotel in The Hague is well located and has a nice lobby and staff seemed engaged but its room amenities are definitely lacking. The bed was comfortable and it was great to have an ironing board and iron in the room’s cupboard without the need to even request them. Also helpful is their shirt ironing service, particularly for busy business people. However, trying to get a good night’s sleep is a challenge and one that eluded me on both of the nights that I stayed here.

On both nights there was a clicking sound coming from the ceiling just above my head when in bed. About every 40 seconds, just as I was about to fall asleep, I’d hear another click! The noised was just loud enough to wake me up again. It was an incredibly frustrating experience and the staff seemed unable to help other than having provided me with earplugs, where were very uncomfortable to wear, especially when trying to sleep. It somehow reminded me of that feeling of camping outdoors on a cold and wet day while trying to get some sleep. Not what I had in mind when I booked my hotel room.

Another thing that I find offensive about this hotel is their policy to charge its guests for internet access to the tune of 25 Euros (about $40) for one day!!! The days of ripping off customers and forcing them to use such high priced internet services are long gone – pity that Hilton continues with this archaic policy.

If you like your room dark at night as well then you may wish to remove the night light in the bathroom as the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom is translucent glass, hence the all-night glow of the night light being another distraction if that sort of thing bothers you.

Management may also wish to advise their cleaning staff that when the liquid soap bottle is empty it’s time for a new one. I figured that this was a simple and logical issue to attend to and apparently this too was overlooked. All in all quite disappointing.

PS The restaurant in the hotel (The Pearl) came highly recommended. Some items were very good while others were quite poor. Essentially inconsistent.

If you found this review helpful please indicate so by clicking the appropriate button. Thank you. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JimboBerlin

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and services offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate it for letting us know.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed around a week in Hague.
Everyone was very helpfull. I am very impressed with the breakfast welcoming team. Rooms were brand new and clean.
Only one issue I have to mention; I asked if there were any meat restaurant/s around the city and I got a reply from the reception (or concierge) that there were many... ??? I thought that the lady might have been a vegan so I don't mind :).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your respond on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read you had a nice stay in our hotel.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Located on a quiet street 2 tram stops away from Hague Central, it is close enough to the major shopping areas, including Chinatown, yet far away from the buzz of the city. Tram 1 (2 stops to Central and 4 stops to Holland Spoor train station) and Tram 10 is within 5 mins walk from the Hotel. There are also taxi and limo service readily available at Front Desk.

Service staff are very attentive and makes one feel very welcome. A folder is provided upon check-in which gives very good directions and guidance to major attractions around Hague.

There is no view so to speak as my room is facing a large tank and a construction site. There are ice machine and shoe cleaning machine near the lift lobby on every floor.

The room is clean and big. Bathroom comes with bath tub, standing shower and a relatively small basin area. I love the Peter Thomas Roth shower amendities which includes their spa salt as well. Internet usage is chargable with several plans available, depending on your length of stay.

Bottled water is provided only upon arrival as I had called room service for bottle water on subsequent days when I noticed housekeeping did not leave any additional bottle water. I was then told that they would still send it to my room at no charge but made it clear that bottle water is complimentary only for 1st day. For some strange reason, housekeeping also does not clear the used utensils provided for the complimentary arrival fruits, even though the fork is obviously dirty after use.

The breakfast spread is good (EUR38) although I would like to see greater variety of fruits. There are many eateries if you cross the road to the street across the hotel but the wonderful team of staff in the hotel restarant makes one feel like going back for another nice meal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague and that our team did a great job. I have shared your compliments with them.