“Very Enjoyable Four Day Stay”
Review of Hilton The Hague

Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Top Tier High Quality Hotel. Excellent type of bathroom, that I want to install in my house. Great breakfast. I did get raped by the mini-fridge, but that happens when my internal clock won't let me sleep. The free hors d'oeuvres and drinks on the fifth floor were nice, but I only went once. From the Van Gogh color pencil art work to the lobby ceiling lights that me feel like I in a Star Wars' movie, I loved the interior decorating.

The one complaint that I have is the elevator layout. Two of them are hidden in the corner, and get little use. There's only one elevator near the center, and there is usually a wait to use it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

It was very nice to read your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed our breakfast and you liked the bathroom. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to see that we did succeed.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in an executive room (fifth floor) and were able to use the executive lounge with free drinks and snacks. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially, with special thanks to the staff in the executive lounge. The room was large with a very nice bathroom (bath and a seperate shower cabin) with good bath products. The fitnessroom had various workout possibilties. The only disadvantage was that the room was rather warm. The location of the hotel is wonderful, just a few steps from Noordeinde with a lot of galleries and fine shops and the Palace Noordeinde and its nice to do some walks in the neighbourhood. I do not have any complaints and can really recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Fifth floor where you have the executive rooms and good view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your response on TripAdvisor. It is nice to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you had a nice time in The Hague wit all the nice shops and galleries.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Once you decide to go to Den Haag, it used to be you would have to think do I want to stay in the city or at the beach. Now you can stay at the northern edge of the city and you are right by the tram to take you to and from the beach. Having lived across the street from this Hilton property while it was being built, I swore to myself I would stay there one day and I did. It truly exceeded my expectations. It is near all of the treasures of Den Haag: Noordeinde, Queen's Palace, Mesdag, Escher Museum, Binnenhof and like I stated before you are so close to the tram you can effortlessless go anywhere from the location. Great place and Great Hotel.... it better be with all the racket they made constructing it....

Room Tip: If you can get a room that faces out, instead of the courtyard pond (it seems to me they could have...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mutinyluv

Dear Guest,

It was very nice to read your response on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

First I'll say if you're working in the Hauge, my first preference is to stay in A'dam and take the train. If you must stay in the Hauge, this is by far my favorite. Brand new, great service. Embarrasses any American Hilton hotel. Room service is good. Executive lounge is stocked well. Cool balconies (confusing door though!) with electronic screens.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to read that we did succeed.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Hilton The Hague so I guess we like it! :-) We booked a weekend-getaway for only 120 euro including breakfast.

Rooms are really quiet and are of good size for 2 adults. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom has a separate shower. The only downside I can think of is the tv, the channel changing takes forever, but that's about it.

Breakfast is great; lots of cereals, breads, pastries, hot plate etc.

The hotel is near to lots of shopping, restaurants and sightseeing.

Conclusion: great choice!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write about Hilton The Hague on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read you had a nice stay with us and you have enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant. I have shared your compliments with our restaurant staff.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great, new hotel on a good location, close to city center (10 min walk). This is by far the best hotel we ever stayed in in The Netherlands. Perfect, tasteful, luxury, clean, large (for dutch standards) rooms, great bathroom/tub. We stayed in an executive room on the 5th floor for a very reasonable price. Breakfast in the executive lounge was very good, even fresh juice! There is an outside terrace on the roof with great views of the peace palace.
Bike rental is possible and very easy,
Staff is very friendly and cooperative, we asked for a late check-out till 2 which was no problem (on a saturday!)

Room Tip: executive rooms, 5th floor are very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice words regarding your stay with us, on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read your comment. I will forward your compliments to the Hilton team.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is clearly “A Good Hotel”, actually one of Top 10 Hiltons I’ve encountered in Europe. Review based on a night stay in September (background of spending 80+ nights per year in different hotels around the globe).

Location:
Due to spending only one night and having a late arrival I saw very little of the surrounding areas so cannot really comment the location.

Room:
I was upgraded into an Executive Room facing the courtyard. The room had an interesting décor, nice mixture of traditional & modern elements. Room was in very good shape, no stains, signs of usage etc anywhere. Very quiet, basically heard no noise whatsoever.

Etc:
This is one of very few hotels I’ve encountered that actually looks more inviting in flesh than the marketing images in the website! For example the lobby area was quite striking.

Breakfast was fine with good selection and quality. Executive lounge was also quite nice.

Parking was a bit expensive with valet costing 25€, no self-parking available.

Would I return there?
Yes sure, a very nice hotel with nothing really to complain about. Relatively expensive though

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JolijnZeeuwen, General Manager at Hilton The Hague, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in Hilton The Hague. I am very pleased to read you had a nice time with us. We would like our guests to consider our hotel as a home away from home and it is very nice to hear we did succeed.