“Foie Gras and Confit de Canard, French quality”
Review of Le Bistrot la Place - CLOSED

Le Bistrot la Place
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Zuidwal
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This restaurant, run by Marc and Norbert, has been a favorite since I first stumbled upon it in 2003. If you want decent French food, where better to go than a locale run by Frenchmen? It's a bit pricey, but the food is worth it

2  Thank Steve M

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The not very funny gentleman taking orders and manning the till makes this a place not to return to. Pity, since the waiter and waitress were professional and pleasant.

9  Thank Omhaj
Reviewed February 21, 2012

It feels, looks and tastes like a real French restaurant. The onion soup; the fish soup; the duck confit are all to die for. Wines by the glass. Always full. Best in the Hague by a long long way.

1  Thank rickandlyn
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have been chez Norbert several times. I am french and thoroughly enjoy the Bistros parisien kind of places and this is exactly what you find there. Still I believe that to really enjoy this restaurant you have to like the real bistro food which necessarily involves some taste for innards like tripes, andouillette or stuffed pig feet (delicious!). I do and so do enjoy it. It is also the only place at maybe a 100 kilometers around serving the Choucroute Alsacienne. Wine card is also very nice. It is clearly on the quite expensive side. Ambiance is extremely nice especially on those week end nights where the Maitre D sings classic french songs. The waitressing is very good which is very seldom in the netherlands. The setup is also very bistro parisien with pictures of famous french singers/comedians from the 50's and 60's.
I still would not recommend this restaurant for group dining. It was my first experience there and it was not a good one.

2  Thank Marc M
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I am a french expat in The Hague, and anytime I am in need of good french cuisine, this is the place I choose to go to. The atmosphere is cosy and truly french, reminding me of the best Parisian's bistrot. The service is the best you can get in the Netherlands. Choosing the food is always a dilemna, because there are so many dishes on the menu that I want to choose from. I was always highly satisfied with the quality of the food and the wine, and this is the most important part for me. My family loves the place as well. It's always been a great experience, and I would recommend it to anyone who want to have great time and excellent food in a very friendly atmosphere.