“Too popular”

Indonesisch Restaurant Garoeda
Reserve with
Indonesisch Restaurant Garoeda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #351 of 1,390 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Voorhout
Reviewed March 22, 2014

It is one of the most traditional Indonesian Restaurants in The Hague.
It is very popular for business lunches and diners. The food is real good and for expats "wild"and "cool". When I have guersts from abroad I very often take them to this place as I know they like the indonesian food.
I myself would never go there as I more prefer the traditional "toko"and the very small restaurants they have (4 - 5 tables).

1  Thank Hans750

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited this Restuarant on a Friday evening with a business collegue.
We were seated on the First floor which was busy.
The big picture windows afforded nice views outside across the the Government buildings.

The decor was traditional Indonesian which gave it character.
The buffet we ordered was too much to eat - lots of tastes, varied and interesting.
The service was good - the waitress was from Bali and engaged us in a nice way.
I felt the pricing was good value for the evening and overall I am happy to recommend it.

Enjoy!

1  Thank John J
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very delicious & authentic Indonesian food and flavors, service was good and liked the restaurant location. Wouldn't mind going there again.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a traditional old Dutch Indonesian restaurant which provides a retry authentic rice table. We go for the Garoeda which seems to be the one were they bring everything in the kitchen apart from the kitchen sink. There is a lot of food, a remarkable range of flavours and textures and no excuse for anyone not to like something (well OK a lot of things!). Could do with being a little less offhand with the service and the wine selection is very limited but otherwise very pleasant.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Went for dinner with 11 friends. We were packed in like sardines, even though we had a reservation and it was a Wednesday night. The food was good, the service was ok, the atmosphere was nice. There was nothing wrong with the restaurant, I have just been to much better tasting Indonesian restaurants in the Hague. I would not return independently, however if I was going with a group, I would not complain about someone else choosing this restaurant.

1  Thank ChanaJane3