“Good food and service”

Ranked #55 of 1,327 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Voorhout
Description: During your visit in The Hague De Resident is one of those places you just have to visit. Since 1977, De Resident is locally well known for serving the finest and high quality meat, great atmosphere and of course while you are here be sure you try our famous ribs.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

An evening of basic grilled food and salad that tasted fantastic. The service was prompt and excellent. A must to return to.

There are newer reviews for De Resident

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Taveerne De Resident has been my favorite restaurant in Den Haag for as long as I can remember, and you can tell how popular the restaurant is by just seeing the crowds and busyness of the restaurant any any night of the week- so remember to reserve on the phone.
To be frank, I've never had anything apart from the ribs at De Resident, and I say, that if you dine at this restaurant, just have the ribs!
The staff are lovely and efficient, and the atmosphere is great, always crowded, packed let me say, but still, the service is great, and the meals are not too expensive! I have brought many visiting friends to the restaurant, and i've never had a bad meal; hence, I can't recommend this restaurant more! It's fabulous, and when you go, read the placemats, they have hilarious jokes on them!

1  Thank Arvind A
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant on a business trip to the Netherlands, excellent mixed grill, staff were friendly and atmosphere was good.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant to try the spareribs, many years ago I already was here to eat and the spareribs were still in my memory.
We reserved a place and were seated at a small corner table in this bar alike restaurant. The service was friendly and quick.
All tree of us ate the spareribs and they were very tasty.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is full the food is reliable and tasty and the staff hard working and friendly. It is mainly ribs steak and fish but be warned you must have a big appetite for the special. I would not go there for a birthday or anything but if you are staying in the area and want a nice simple meal in pleasant surroundings this place is Ideal