“Had hoped for better.”

Bagels & Beans
Neighborhood: Zuidwal
Neighborhood: Zuidwal
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall experience was disappointing. Went in earlier on a Sunday when it was fairly quiet. Our drinks order was taken early but very slow to arrive despite it being an automated process. The food on the menu read well with great variety but was very bland. The bagels seemed small, dry and a bit stale......we tried multiple types in our party of four. Service and atmosphere was OK but I would be hard pressed for a return visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

A nice stint in the center of Den Haag where you can just pop in for a nice coffee or tons of choices of tea. With a quick bite in a southern Europe atmostphere a great place to drop by after some shopping.

Thank Patricia Christ... B
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Beautiful fresh bagels with delicious fillings. Nice selection of teas and soft drinks in addition to the coffees. Cheesecake is pretty good too. Staff are friendly and helpful but the service can be a little slow - understandable when it's busy though.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

One rainy morning, we went to Bagels & Beans at Plaats 21. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, and we thoroughly enjoyed our bagel sandwiches and coffee.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Let me admit that at first I thought "beans" meant baked beans. No, Denise the lady attendant corrected me, it's for the coffee beans. While disappointed I was looking forward to a good bagel breakfast anyway.

I wasn't disappointed. I had tuna melt plus a side order of goat cheese. With a large cup of capuccino, my breakfast was complete! My wife had the classic salmon with cream cheese and she too was very happy.

Denise was all alone but she was very efficient and very helpful and polite.