“Horrible food, bad service”
Review of Casa Caroni

Casa Caroni
Ranked #160 of 1,405 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Voorhout
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Awful food. Horrible taste and presentation.Tasteless super cold grilled vegetables and after 1 hour waiting I got 4 hard pieces of rubbery meat swimming in lemon, with nothing to go with. And I paid 27 euros for that. I am appalled at the poor quality of food and presentation...

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's one of those places where you walk a bunch of time in front, think it looks good, and you know you want to try but never do it. Until finally we were looking for good Italian food and we were not inspired by the other Italians in town. And the friend we were meeting that night just decided to chose this place.

No regrets whatsover :-)

The place is very welcoming, not too big, so it gives a warm and cosy feeling.
And its location is excellent in the middle of town.

Service is good, very friendly. While paying the bill, I discover that actually it's a family run business, with dad, the kids, etc. A bunch of very friendly people :-)

For the food: no clue what a real Italian person would say, but we really enjoyed it :-)
Of course you can choose the typical antipasti, but that day the special was coquilles with Italian bacon around, with a delicious sauce. Great choice in my humble opinion.
Then pasta was delicious (I was hesitating taking the plate in my hands and licking off the rest of the 3 cheeses sauce ;-) )
I settled then for the typical tiramisu which was also in line with the rest :-)

So this is a great address for good Italian food in town :-) I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

like Martinius34 was reall disappointed when returning to the new casa caroni. the waitress was clueless, couldnt find any bottle of wine we ordered and when I finally took one randomly from the wall she asked me if Icould tell her the price. unfortunately the food was exceedingly slow that evening and equally disappointing. theowner/manager was on holiday and because all my prior experiences were good I will give it one more go (if I see him) but my colleagues will not!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had dinner last night at casa caroni and despite me remembering it as one of the best italians in the hague.... It is no longer.... I felt it was little better than simply having cooked some pasta at home with a nice bottle of chianti....shame... Cos it used to be brilliant... Not any more!

1  Thank Martinius34
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A friend suggested going to Casa Caroni as she had eaten there before, and was very impressed with the food and the cosy, relaxed atmosphere. There is an extensive menu and all four of us enjoyed what we chose. Whether your preference is meat, fish or vegetarian, there is plenty of choice. The frittata with black truffle was particularly good, as was the ravioli ricotta e spinaci. The pasta dishes can be ordered as full or smaller portions. Some of the secondi dishes are not that big so you may want to order a side dish as well. The service was friendly, not the fastest, but in some ways that is nice if you want a leisurely meal. I got the impression that a lot of people dining there were regulars. A nice touch was when the staff helped a disabled gentleman to his seat. Nothing was too much trouble. The only reason I did not give the restaurant 5 stars was that they forgot to bring our drinks. Overall, however, we had an excellent meal at Casa Caroni and will cetainly be returning.