“new location, new (lower) level of service”
Review of Casa Caroni

Casa Caroni
Ranked #161 of 1,408 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Voorhout
Reviewed April 13, 2013

like Martinius34 was reall disappointed when returning to the new casa caroni. the waitress was clueless, couldnt find any bottle of wine we ordered and when I finally took one randomly from the wall she asked me if Icould tell her the price. unfortunately the food was exceedingly slow that evening and equally disappointing. theowner/manager was on holiday and because all my prior experiences were good I will give it one more go (if I see him) but my colleagues will not!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had dinner last night at casa caroni and despite me remembering it as one of the best italians in the hague.... It is no longer.... I felt it was little better than simply having cooked some pasta at home with a nice bottle of chianti....shame... Cos it used to be brilliant... Not any more!

1  Thank Martinius34
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A friend suggested going to Casa Caroni as she had eaten there before, and was very impressed with the food and the cosy, relaxed atmosphere. There is an extensive menu and all four of us enjoyed what we chose. Whether your preference is meat, fish or vegetarian, there is plenty of choice. The frittata with black truffle was particularly good, as was the ravioli ricotta e spinaci. The pasta dishes can be ordered as full or smaller portions. Some of the secondi dishes are not that big so you may want to order a side dish as well. The service was friendly, not the fastest, but in some ways that is nice if you want a leisurely meal. I got the impression that a lot of people dining there were regulars. A nice touch was when the staff helped a disabled gentleman to his seat. Nothing was too much trouble. The only reason I did not give the restaurant 5 stars was that they forgot to bring our drinks. Overall, however, we had an excellent meal at Casa Caroni and will cetainly be returning.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Genuine food, good presentation, very kind service. Lekker! We are Italians and we enjoyed the night.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have not been to the new Casa Caroni venue but the old one was charming and intimate. The owner is passionate about giving good food and if something is too salty or not to your liking he will whisk it away to improve or replace. There is a broad menu but also good specials and recommendations of what's best / freshest etc. Really enjoyable dining experience with consistently good (not necessarily outstanding) food. The service and quality comes at a price but it's worth it.