“Food is nice but that's about it”

New Nazar Cafe & Restaurant
Reserve with
New Nazar Cafe & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #653 of 1,028 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdriehoek
Description: In restaurant Nazar wordt de authentieke sfeer van het Zwarte zeegebied en het oude Instanbul geschept. En dat in het centrum van Rotterdam! Olielampjes, warme kleuren en zangerige Turkse achtergrondmuziek zijn dan ook kenmerkend voor dit restaurant met Turkse keuken. In Turkije heeft iedere streek eigen gerechten. Vandaar dat Nazar verschillende gerechten uit verschillende streken serveert. De gemiddelde prijs van een menu ligt rond de euro 15,-. Op zaterdagavond kan men dineren onder het genot van live-muziek.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Food is nice but that's about it”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is nice, sometimes very nice. But staff and location are not that good. Most of the guests are regulars. Staff working at turkish shops in the neighbourhood and the Turkish consulate form the other side of the street.

Visited July 2013

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“My favorite Turskish restaurant”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been here several times and have never been disappointed. I came again tonight because of the live music every Saturday night and was very pleased. The delicious food had huge portions, so I could eat only half. The lentil soup was the best I have ever had. They were nice enough to agree to switch coffee for dessert. Their kitchen was open tonight until 1am ! I love the open kitchen and the colorful but subdued lamps. What else ? Perfect location.

• Visited January 2014
Baltimore
“Excellent Turkish food in a great location”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We too happened upon this place while walking to another Middle Eastern place. I was just telling my husband that the place we were going sounded touristy, and that I wish we could find something more authentic! Just then we saw Nazar! It was perfect! Delicious food, friendly service, not at all pretentious, good value. What's not to like? It is a short walk from the Bourse stations.

• Visited November 2013
Conroe, Texas
“Very delicious Turkish dinner”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Since our recommended first choice was booked for the night, we kept walking down the street and happened upon this little gem. It was a bit hot in there for October, but the food made up for that. We had the four course menu, which included a hot soup that tasted a bit like potato soup. It went great with the fresh bread. Next, we had a sampling of several spreads and relished...humus, red peppers with tomatoes, mushrooms, yogurt with nuts, olive relish, and zucchini relish...all very good, especially with the bread. Next, I had the shrimp and vegetables in a spicy tomato sauce....again, hot and delicious! It was served with a salad, rice, and fried potatoes. I ate so much that I couldn't eat the salad. We finished off the meal with home made baklava! Not too sweet, but just right.

Visited October 2013
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their mixed grill is one...”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Their mixed grill is one of the best I've ever eaten I think. The meat is good and the tomato rice is great. Also love the bread and cream.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook