“Great food- Lovely staff”
Review of Hotel New York

Hotel New York
Ranked #2 of 20 Dessert in Rotterdam
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a really great little place- they do great coffees too!

Had some food and then we went on the water taxi back to downtown.

We met the owner of the oldschool barber shop in the basement of the restaurant- it is so novelty do go and have a look- the owner is SO friendly and let us in when he was closed!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

we ordered cold seafood platters:
they included 3 different kinds of shrimps, half lobster and crab paws.
The tiny shrimps were unpeeled!!! and the bigger ones were too salty!
Generally bad service.

If i ever visit there again, i'll take normal steak meals.

The wine was good.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the end of last week with my husband who was on a business trip. I am a wheelchair user. There are a considerable number of steps at the various entrances, but one has a roll onto lift which takes you into the bar/restaurant area. There is then a normal lift to get to the various floors. We had a very nice, though minimalist room, overlooking the river. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfy and we had all we needed.
My husband went off to work in the morning and I had a room service breakfast. I had ordered cut fruit, pancakes with bacon and maple syrup and tea. When it arrived, there was enough for at least 4 people!
I spent a very pleasant morning watching the activity on the river, before going down to sit in the outdoor bar/restaurant for lunch and a delightful afternoon with a friend, again watching the activity on the river.
This hotel is not luxurious in the usual sense of furniture, decor etc, but it is quirky, fun and interesting and the staff were delightful, helpful and polite. i could not fault them. The food was average, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing to complain about. I love the location, the service and the ambience and would return here in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Second time for me at restaurant.Always a pleasure to be here even for a while.
Historic place with great atmosphere and lovely food.
I had a big plate with fresh food : mussels, oysters, tuna , lobsters and a very tasty
bottle of Pinot Blance.
I'll be back !!!!

1  Thank Carletto Meo M
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Trio of tuna to start and grilled tuna for main. Both amazing flavors and so well cooked! Service was friendly and timed well for me.