“Dinner heaven”

Restaurant Parkheuvel
Reserve with
Restaurant Parkheuvel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,104 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nieuwe Werk
Description: Restaurant Parkheuvel is a 2 Michelin star restaurant and is situated at the park in the heart of Rotterdam, close by the Euromast and right next to the river the Maas. The modern, round building is designed by the architect mister Klunder back in 1988. The restaurant has a warm atmosphere in the inside, outside we have a terrace which brings us spectacular views overlooking the river and the on-going boats. The style of our interior is what they call cosy art-deco. Quality and comfort is what creates and it shows us a woman of good taste, my wife and hostess; Anja van Loo. The foyer brings us to the lounge, the restaurant itself is shaped as a half moon and at every table it shows the views looking over the river. Once you are guided to your table, you can just relax and enjoy everything of what is being served. “Parkheuvel is all about emotions, it is passion, it is running and flying, it is welcoming the guests from beginning until the end, Parkheuvel is labour-intensive every single day, but it brings us endless enjoyment”. Anja van Loo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Parkheuvel must be one of the best restaurants in the Netherlands. The food, service and ambiance are unequalled. Situated in the Park, the view over the river Maas makes it a spectacular location. Inside you feel like royalty.

1  Thank Renzo35

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every time we eat at Parkheuvel lying on a hill in the parc with a beautiful view on Rotterdam Harbour we are surprised by the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the personel. We are no easy eaters because of high expectations and allergy for all kinds of food. Again and again the topchef surprises us with his knowledge of delightfull adjustments to the limited possibilities. Last time we had a 5course lunch with a various delicious amount of meat and vegetables. The big surprise was a superb looking plate with asparagus with eatable flowers, never tasted such subtle delight. We like to come back as soon as possble, because the ambiance is joyfull and the dishes worth the price! Your taste gets spoiled here. Desert and coffee with homemade pastries are impressive.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

When moving to Rotterdam 25 years ago this was one of the first restaurants I noticed. I though it was ready to shut down, because middle of the day and it was closed. Fortunately I was very wrong.

So 25 years later I made reservations for our 5-year anniversary and of course it was still open. Parkheuvel was the first 3-star restaurant in the Netherlands (currently 2-star) and it is fully deserved. The food was delicious, the wine was good (though I'm no connoisseur), the interior was stylish and reserved. Above all the host was the best of any restaurant I've been. Dining in any restaurant. Also I still love the view overlooking the River Maas. For some reason in front of Parkheuvel is the only place in the city where there is reliably a ship docked. It's almost like it's a prop to complement the view from the restaurant.

Afterwards we had a stroll in the Euromast park and went home fully satisfied.So if you're not from Rotterdam, you should visit it because maybe beside Zwetheul it is the absolute very best that Rotterdam and probably Zuid-Holland has to offer. If you are from Rotterdam you should visit because, well, it is as much Rotterdam as Feyenoord is.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ate here recently with my wife. I can appreciate the level of skill and effort that went into our meal - we took the Menu Signature - but I'm afraid that I didn't find it all that enjoyable. For me there were too many little bits of this that and the other on the plate and I thought that they were just trying too hard. I wouldn't let that put anyone off from going, I'm sure it's just a style of cooking that I don't enjoy and my wife certainly thought it was very good.
From the point of view of the service the only negative was the wine. I told the sommelier I was considering a Bordeaux priced at 60Euro but asked if a Beaujolais would go better with our food. She suggested the latter so I asked her to choose one for us. It just so happened that she gave us the most expensive of the half-dozen on the menu at 85Euro which I thought was bit sharp given that I had pretty much indicated the price we were looking at.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

And that means: bring your credit card and someone nice to enjoy great food. Don't mind the poo poo waiters, relax and have your tastebuds tickled. Do this once every five years and use the other to improve your cooking and to make the money for the next time: it's worth it.

1  Thank PVR2