“The best in R'dam”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cool
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Coming back late at night (11PM) from Spain, we were hungry and my brother in-law brought us to Tai Wu. It is "THE" restaurant in Rotterdam most chinese people will visit. We were not disappointed. The service was great, the food was exquisite and the setting was good. We really enjoyed our food here and recommend wholeheartedly this establishment.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We visit this restaurant one year ago,the difference was remarkable,what a difference,food low standard,service poor
place for lunch time almost empty,only the Wan Tan and the Sui kou Tong soup tasted as normal

1  Thank Cees2716
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Have been going to this restaurant for years now, mainly for lunch during weekends. Your guarantee that you'll be getting 'real' Chinese food and atmosphere: it is always packed with Chinese guests - to the extent that sometimes you feel like the 'odd one out' (though no one tries to make you feel this way!). Love nearly everything they serve us; my favorites are the Cha Shew bbq pork and the Szechuan eggplant.
Main tip: rather than drinking beer, water or a soft drink, ask for a pot of Chinese tea with your food: it enhances your culinary experience, but it also combines very well in your stomach with the food (which is why I suspect most 'locals' also order tea).

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is one of the best chinese restaurants in town. Lots of chinese families go here, already for generations, to enjoy the chinese speciality dishes.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is my favorite place in Rotterdam and I would hate it to be fully booked every night. So I don't want to be too enthusiastic here. But I have to say, the duck is the best.

1  Thank Mleine