WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of King Kong Hostel

King Kong Hostel
“Unique visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hostel breaths a mix of urban, playful and classy atmospheres. The hostel is located in the center of Rotterdam (Witte de Withstraat) where you can find many great bars and restaurants. A lot of major attractions are within walking distance. The hostel itself is very funky and modern, besides that the rooms and common areas are very clean. The staff is welcoming and very knowledgeable, especially the hot tall blond guy behind the bar. He is truly amazing and reflects a passion for Rotterdam which is contagious as hell. Thank you guys for letting us be the monkeys that we are!

Cheers,

The Sjoekies

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don D
Alisa_Kokorina, Manager at King Kong Hostel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Sjoekies,

What a wonderful reaction! Urban, playful and classy! That's what we love to hear.

Glad you have enjoyed your visit and please, spread the word out there! :)

We will look forward to welcoming you back at the King Kong hostel!

Warm Regards,

King Kong Crew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reims, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is really THE place to stay if you're going to Rotterdam ! The hostel is very well situated, on a lively street very close to the city center, the staff is very welcoming, the dorms are clean and quite originally furnished and the lounge and the kitchen are perfect to meet new people. I couldn't recommend it enough !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antananaric L
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I recently took my first trip to Rotterdam, on business, and the King Kong hostel was recommended to me by a colleague (a gallerist) based in the city. I was pleased to find it located right in the heart of a very fun, trendy street (Witte de Withstraat) full of great cafes, bars, restaurants and galleries. The staff at King Kong were really helpful and friendly, while the building itself is very modern and well designed. It has a great lounge/cafe area at the front, with a full kitchen downstairs - and on the upper level a series of tables with plenty of power plugs & free wifi. The decor was excellent & felt much more like a boutique hotel than a hostel. The room was very clean and had a great desk for doing laptop work (including power sockets, a lamp & also working wifi); despite it looking over the active street below (with many great bars nearby) it wasn't noisy, and I slept soundly. Interestingly, each of the lockers provided for guests also has a power plug, so you can safely lock your electronics away & charge them at the same time! My particular room (for 4 people) also had its own dedicated toilet, and a separate shower and sink - so was very handy overall. There is a bar next door to King Kong that is very popular - while on the other side is a great restaurant. I enjoyed the stay (of 5 nights) very much and would definitely recommend it to travellers & also to business people, such as myself. It's very close to the city's main park & shopping district, the train station, and the harbour. Overall it was easily the best hostel I have ever stayed in (and, remarkably, very inexpensive given the amenities). I will definitely stay there when I return and would certainly recommend it to others!

Room Tip: The 4 person 'business' rooms are very good as they have their own toilet, as well as a sepa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian824
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked twin bed room but we didn't know it's shared room until we reached. The room provided was located at the loft with curtain which gave us some privacy that we wanted, so we just accepted it. Overall this hostel is very clean & comfortable!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miko T
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were a group of 16 in a university trip to Holland, so we pretty much had the entire upper floor on our own. The conditions are amazing, everything is clean. Near the kitchen (which had everything you would have at home), we could watch some movies or play karaoke while sitting on the comfortable puffs. And, la pièce de resitance, it was very well located within the city (at least for our interests which was mainly architecture) in one of the most crowded streets at night. Still, noise levels were cool and could take great night of sleep.

I would recommend it to anyone, specially to young people like us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marco_Alb
Oldenburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I stay here for two nights. Every hostel should be like this is one, I think. Very comfortable and clean, good prices, but the most important, it's unique and interesting because of its staff, rooms (every room is different with its own look) and location.
Very nice people. They do their very best to help you.
If we ever travel to Rotterdam again, we will stay here. There can't be a better hostel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nils M
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Supercool hostel! One of the best I have stayed lately, I was pleasedly surprised! I will definitely stay again when visiting Rotterdam! They opened just recently and are genuinely trying their best! I am certain they will be a blooming success and become a favorite in Rotterdam! Although I shouldn't be writing this review if I want to find an available bed in the future, they well deserve it! The overall experience was great, from receiving a handy response to my prebooking inquiries, to the sad check out moment (I was asked if I was sure I wanted to check out and I was althought I didn't want to!).
The hostel is superbly located in a very cool and centric area and has a tasteful and chic design. It has a nice common area, a very well equipped kitchen, a laundry room and a tv lounge to watch movies! Breakfast is not included but you can buy it for €5 or so, although they provide complimentary coffee and tea and also serve a great cappuccinos and lattes at the counter/lobby to which locals also drop in. As for the rooms all are mixed dorms (it would be nice if they had some single sex dorms), mine was really nice and spotless, I stayed in a medium dorm with ensuite bathroom as the business dorms were already full! Each bed has a lamp with a power outlet and a locker with an extra outlet inside!
The staff is super friendly and helpful! Absolutely recommendable place, no need to look further, unless it gets full ;)

• Stayed April 2014