“Comfortable stay”
Review of King Kong Hostel

King Kong Hostel
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked twin bed room but we didn't know it's shared room until we reached. The room provided was located at the loft with curtain which gave us some privacy that we wanted, so we just accepted it. Overall this hostel is very clean & comfortable!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miko T
There are newer reviews for King Kong Hostel

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were a group of 16 in a university trip to Holland, so we pretty much had the entire upper floor on our own. The conditions are amazing, everything is clean. Near the kitchen (which had everything you would have at home), we could watch some movies or play karaoke while sitting on the comfortable puffs. And, la pièce de resitance, it was very well located within the city (at least for our interests which was mainly architecture) in one of the most crowded streets at night. Still, noise levels were cool and could take great night of sleep.

I would recommend it to anyone, specially to young people like us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marco_Alb
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I stay here for two nights. Every hostel should be like this is one, I think. Very comfortable and clean, good prices, but the most important, it's unique and interesting because of its staff, rooms (every room is different with its own look) and location.
Very nice people. They do their very best to help you.
If we ever travel to Rotterdam again, we will stay here. There can't be a better hostel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nils M
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Supercool hostel! One of the best I have stayed lately, I was pleasedly surprised! I will definitely stay again when visiting Rotterdam! They opened just recently and are genuinely trying their best! I am certain they will be a blooming success and become a favorite in Rotterdam! Although I shouldn't be writing this review if I want to find an available bed in the future, they well deserve it! The overall experience was great, from receiving a handy response to my prebooking inquiries, to the sad check out moment (I was asked if I was sure I wanted to check out and I was althought I didn't want to!).
The hostel is superbly located in a very cool and centric area and has a tasteful and chic design. It has a nice common area, a very well equipped kitchen, a laundry room and a tv lounge to watch movies! Breakfast is not included but you can buy it for €5 or so, although they provide complimentary coffee and tea and also serve a great cappuccinos and lattes at the counter/lobby to which locals also drop in. As for the rooms all are mixed dorms (it would be nice if they had some single sex dorms), mine was really nice and spotless, I stayed in a medium dorm with ensuite bathroom as the business dorms were already full! Each bed has a lamp with a power outlet and a locker with an extra outlet inside!
The staff is super friendly and helpful! Absolutely recommendable place, no need to look further, unless it gets full ;)

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Barelle
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Without a doubt, this is the very best hostel I have ever stayed in.
BRAND new, completely clean and chic, with amazing decor and super friendly staff (especially thanks to Alisa for my lost and found article, and Mattijs who printed out our concert tickets before we even got there). We stayed in a business dorm that had 4 beds, but my friend and I happened to be the only ones there that night- private room- WIN!!! Powerful, clean shower with rainforest showerhead too.
The hostel is located on a really cool street (I spent the whole next day there), in the midst of great night life. And because it is such a cool place to hang out, you can tell that Rotterdammers also drop in for a coffee. So it's not just a tourist hostel, but a great addition to the city and the street.
This was my first time in Rotterdam, and the hostel really charmed me. I am already discussing with friends when we can go back. :)

Room Tip: At just a few euros more per night, you'd be silly not to upgrade yourself to a business dorm wi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Amazing design, a staff full of Geniuses, coolest hostel rooms anywhere on the planet, and beyond-5 star hotel service, King Kong Hostel is located on the coolest street in Rotterdam literally next door to the best bar in the world. Fresh pastries, amazing coffee, a sexy hostel manager, the owner is an ex-fashion designer and affable genius - you will be instantly inspired.

This place is like a temple, except populated by artists. The vibe is super chill. You can just hang out in the lobby all day or use it as a launching pad for epic adventures. I did both. I had an amazing time. If I could do my trip over again, I wouldve spent all my time in Rotterdam with only brief excursions to Amsterdam. It's cheaper, it's cooler, it's a lot more fun, and these guys deserve your support. They are true innovators in the hostel world, and King Kong has the freshest vibe you'll find anywhere. Stay here!

Room Tip: the mini-loft is super cool, it's two beds located at the tippy top of the property. you enter a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank dogson
Alisa_Kokorina, Manager at King Kong Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Dogson,

It is an ultimate dream of every hotelier to get a review like you've wrote us! Compliments on creative writing- we loved every single letter of it! I even think we will have to steal some words you used, to describe our lobby, because our lobby is a fantastic place for socializing, but we have never thought ourselves, that it could be used "as a launching pad for epic adventures"! Mindblowing!

We will look forward to welcoming you back in Rotterdam and at the King Kong hostel!

King Kong Crew

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place looks so cool, it's quite hard to believe you are in a hostel. The great interiour, wall decoration,rainshowers in the bathrooms and, semi-private rooms for a bit more privacy = they're all awesome. I had a great stay and here, unfortunately did not sleep so great due to noise outside and party people comming to bed. But that happens when you are in the city centre where everyone stays up late. But apart from that, you'll have a great stay in an awesome place + very friendly staff. I will return here!

Room Tip: For a bit more privacy, book one of the semi-private loft rooms. You'll need to get on a lader t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends