“Worth the money”
Review of citizenM Rotterdam

citizenM Rotterdam
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Innovative hotel concept. Clean, very modern rooms, helpful staff, great location. Many things that I haven't seen in other hotels in this price category. They also have a bar/restaurant serving 24/7. I will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels that I have stayed in, in a long time. This hotel is designed for travels like me - solo, young, a little quirky, seeking luxury and amenities, unwilling to do hostels, doesn't always have to stay at a Ritz, Four Seasons or Park Hyatt either. This reminds me of the feel that the W line would seek, but can't because it's too institutionalized by Starwood (I do love the Ws, though, don't get me wrong).

When you walk in, you are greeted by a lobby with a fresh, cool design that feels homey - just like your living room. The staff greets you and walks you through the check-in, though it is designed to be easy enough you can do it yourself on the bank of computers available. The room was compact, but efficiently designed. The bed was very large and comfortable. The tablet control system is brilliant. Other hotels try to emulate it by transfering basic room functions to a tablet, but this is head and shoulders above. The system is fully integrated with the lighting, window shades, television, sound, even the bathroom LED system. The free movies and internet (very fast) were a really nice bonus. Combine all of this with a cafe that's open 24 hours with food and drink (great for those like me who get midnight munchies, but don't want vending machine food) make for a great hotel experience. The cafe not only is open, but has great and healthy food, too. Salads, sushi, sandwiches, veggies and prepared dishes, along with a full selection of beer, wine and non alcoholic drinks await.

All of this was at a price I couldn't beat - 100 Euros a night! I really cannot say enough good about this hotel - for me. It might not be everyone's taste. I think people like my parents, who are more traditional might not be as impressed as I was. I love staying at Ritz, Four Seasons and Park Hyatts. I chose them often. However, for most of my stays, I want a hotel just like this. I really felt at home. This brand concept is simply tailor made for a traveler like me - I love it!

Have I raved enough yet?

Room Tip: I think I would chose a city view, as the "canal view" I received didn't look at much...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2014

we stayed in this hotel for the purpose of crashing after the North Sea Jazz.
I was sincerely impressed by the enginuity of the concept. You pay about 100 Euro, but it feels like a better class hotel because the whole design is geared towards facilitating you in doing the job yourself. And that why you still feel cared for.Staf is friendly.this starts with checking in yourself. Rooms are small, But these are smart too. Even the Samsung tablet based control of the room is an adventure (mind you, turning on the TV takes a while to find out, but there is a remote somewhere around).The Bed is very good and makes up for the size of the room. In fact we wrote down the brand of the matras for our own next bed.location is excellent, near the subway Blaak and major shopping areas.I also admire the fact that it can be a romantic place , but also a business place, which is quite a feat.I also liked the loosely organised breakfast. when you have searched your way through 10 hotel breafast labyrinth

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love it !!!! Amazing staff - they were nice enough to give us as a present the bunny from the room, even though we wanted to pay for it , because they said we are really cute couple !!! Great breakfast and service provided during the whole stay !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StanislavaStamatova
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had stayed at citizenM in London last year and been very impressed with the layout and styling of the hotel. When I was looking for a hotel in Rotterdam to stay for a conference, I spotted citizenM and immediately booked it. I was not disappointed. This is a very stylish hotel with a great fit out. The rooms are smallish but very comfortable. No fuss WiFi, very friendly and attentive staff and marvellous food to browse on over breakfast or whenever. The hotel location is very convenient for public transport. Overall, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have to admit that I love this hotel and the concept. The location can hardly be better as you have the great design buildings just around the corner and the bars and cafe's also close by. The atmosphere at this reasonable priced designer hotel was a real pleasure. Only one little improvement suggestion to the hotel - make the breakfast a bit more interesting.

We actually planned to go to Amsterdam (as always) but a good friend recommended Rotterdam. It's only 30 minutes from the airport (Schiphol) in the other direction anyway. We really enjoyed it and can only recommend this very nice alternative to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Get a room with canal view (same price)
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've stayed with CitizenM before, so I knew what to expect with the rooms. Small yet comfortable, functional and clean. I wouldn't like to stay in the room a long time, as it felt far from cosy and abit cool ( temp control didn't seem to work). I stayed here on business and had work to do, again working in the room is not practical. But this is what sets Citizen M Rotterdam out from other 4stars; the social bar area is great for working, loads of space, big tables, light and airy, great views of the marina, perfect. Added to that a kind of self service food area (I had lasagne & salad really good), this was a great area to have a drink with friends or work on your own. I'd also say the staff were great, very helpful, nothing was a problem, really great service! To top it all, it's very reasonable for a city centre. Thanks CitizenM.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business