“Central Location and AWESOME service”

Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Central Location and AWESOME service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel
Excellent service from the reception. Savika was really great and helpful.
The hotel located in the city center and around 10 mins walk to the main area.
When I was there, the hotel was under renovation so beware of the dust and some area are not usable
Room size was very small but since I don't spend much time in the room, I don't really mind
They also have a nice sauna facility on the 6th floor and also has in-call massage, but quite expensive cost 60 euro for 45 mins or something like that

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank verdims

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. Was impressed with the service as I was initially supposed to stay in a room with its door directly opposite the elevators. As I have had some bad experiences with such a location in a different hotel I asked whether they could move me into a different room. They did this within minutes and gave me a free upgrade as well!
The Panorama room looks really cool with the parquet floor and the design furniture. The bed was really really comfy, 5 star quality. Bathroom was fine with all the basic required amenities.
Definitely value for money.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Wien81
Victoria, Bc
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here twice - pre & post our cruise which is one of the reasons we chose this hotel was the proximity to the cruise terminal in the city. Despite the construction going on for their new addition everything ran well and the only issue was the entrance approach was in rebuild mode so sometimes you had to walk around the barriers to get in or being able to walk down the street towards the city centre. I understand by May 15, 2013 the new wing opens so I'm sure it will be fixed by then.

The front desk staff were friendly, efficient and so very helpful. I am truly appreciative at how quick they can switch from speaking Dutch to English.

Taxi fare from the Rotterdam Hotel was $29 Euro and took about 30 minutes which was fine by us since we did not want to struggle with 2 big suitcases plus carryon stuff by taking the city bus. Pretty small airport so I wouldn't be in a rush to get back any sooner than 2 hours before your flight out.

Anyways, the first 2 nights we were in a superior room that looked across the Erasmus Bridge and when the cruise ships were in you could see them hiding there behind the bridge.

The room was spacious so we didn't have to crawl over our suitcases and still had room to move around comfortably and I think that was the due to the extra space allotted for a sitting area. It was nice to have the bar fridge for our own drinks (never sure why hotels stuff these little fridges so there is never any personal space thus making it that you have to remove half of theirs) and kettle for tea and instant coffee. Colour scheme was pleasant, floors were hard wood and the drapes were the black out types. The queen bed was comfy with the down duvet and thank goodness several pillows.

The bathroom was fair size with both tub and shower stall. Stall it is was - you could just turn around in it, the floor seemed to be slopped the wrong way so you ended up standing in water before it fully drained and the shower head was on the pole so you couldn't move it to be overhead which made you have to lean towards the wall. I think they need to update their towels as they were definitely getting a bit threadbare. I would have liked to see the bath towels on the bigger side as well.

We also went up to the wellness centre where we found the small exercise room with about 4 machines (once of each) and if someone was using them - you carefully had to scoot around them to go through the door for the pool.
Pool was clean but on the cool side for temperature so basically plunge yourself in. You could swim small laps and it had no deep end. No Jacuzzi hot tub though which would have been more to our liking after hiking around the city all day.
There was also a wet and a dry sauna - we tried the wet and found it put out good steam.
One of the ice machines is located right outside the wellness centre - no buckets to use just large plastic beer glasses.

The 1 night post cruise we were in the smaller waterfront room which overlooks the inner channel. This room was smaller by the sitting area - had a roller blind and carpeting. The room was stark - greys didn't make it comforting at all. The bathroom had a combo tub/shower which I liked better except for the half glass barrier that really doesn't stop all the water from splashing on the floor. The bed was just as comfy and we found only one extra pillow in the closet.

We did try the restaurant bar WATER downstairs the first night we were there. On that night we found the service great and the food was tasty and well priced. Two other times we were going to eat there, we ended up walking out as no acknowledgement of our existence was made as we were never approached. I wonder how much business they lose or if this is the Dutch way.

I also liked this location as in almost every direction you could easily walk to a part of Central Rotterdam in 30 minutes. For us this was a prefect place to stay before the cruise plus the room price was reasonable as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GatorVictoria_BC
Rome
Reviewed May 7, 2013

i stayed 2 night in a waterfront room. The room was nice and clean, the building was quite dirty, lots of dust caused by the refurbishment works in progress during my stay.
The location is good, everything is in walking distance.
But the worst is yet to come:
I saw some women in the swimming pool COMPLETELY DRESSED, something really anti-hygienic!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fabiofilo
Uk
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my first stay at the inntel hotel and was infact recommended by a friend of mine who travels quite a bit.

The hotel is well equipped with health suite (free) and gym (free) and clean with not too fussy decoration- I would say this hotel has more of a contemporary feel to it. I guess due to the location there are a number of business clientele who would stay here during the working week but at the weekends it lends itself to leisure trips and couples.

The rooms are simply decorated also but are furnished with very comfortable beds, a large flat screen tv and ample bathroom. there is also tea and coffee making facilities

this was a very comfortable stay and reasonably priced. Our room had a great view of the port and provided us with some great shots as the sun rose and set in the evenings.

The other major bonus to this hotel is that it is right on the metro line. as you come out of the subway... it is right there!... perfect.

Room Tip: request a room overlooking the port
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Famagusta, Cyprus
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm a frequent business visitor to Rotterdam and this is my hotel of preference, in fact I have been staying regularly at the Inntel for 9 months so they must be doing something right. I love the designer vibe to the Hotel, I've only stayed at the Panorama rooms which offer nice views, rooms aren't massive but just the right size. The air conditioning in the rooms is very effective and very quite unlike some other hotels.
The location is perfect near the main shopping and business areas of central Rotterdam. There are numerous lovely restaurants nearby - all within a 5 minute walk from the the hotel.
I frequently dine in at the restaurant , although the service can be a tad slow, the food is of good quality and quite reasonably priced. All in all, one of the best hotels in Rotterdam

Room Tip: Design Panorama Top with river view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 28, 2013

great hotel with a beautiful spa and gym.. the sights are beautiful, overlooking the Maas river... :-) the bar is beautiful.
The breakfast is a good spread, with several options, plus the meals are good too...
if you like a city trip, this is the place to go to.. centrally located and an easy walk to the centre...
also good for business travellers...

Room Tip: ask for the one with a view to the Maas...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business