“Nice venue but neglected by popular artists”
Review of Ahoy

Ahoy
Ranked #25 of 197 things to do in Rotterdam
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've been there tons of times since I was young, so I've got good memories of this place.
I'm only disappointed that most of the popular artists prefer to play in Amsterdam or in smaller venues rather than Ahoy, because I always like the atmosphere in Ahoy plus it's easy to reach with public transportation (by bus or subway).

The last concert I've visited in Ahoy was Red Hot Chili Peppers. After that I attended several other events like a book market, a flea market and the Apassionata horse show.

Their food & beverages are not very interesting, I recommend visiting shopping center Zuidplein right in front of Ahoy. There you can do some shopping and find restaurants or fastfood like McDonald's and KFC.

1  Thank LSartistes
There are newer reviews for Ahoy

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've visited Ahoy for multiple activities. I've been here for concerts, tennis tournaments, monster trucks shows etc. All of them were a success! At a concert, the sound is good. And for all events, you have a great view.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Venue was excellent for the NSJF. We were blown away. Easy to navigate, acoustics were good. Location to the train was so good. Minimal walking and easy access. The staff there were well trained and extremely helpful. The festival was amazing!

1  Thank mikni2wri
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Only went to Ahoy once for a tunning exhbition and it was big, well indicated and with friendly staff. Would love to go there for a gig.

1  Thank LOLANetherlands
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our first visit to NSJ was very pleasant and a blast! Visited multiple stages over the 3 days and all had great acoustics. There were thousands of people but it was pretty well organised. The venue seemed to be well managed. Small, pricey beers that probably helped keep the crowds in line. A lot of good food choices reasonably priced. It was amazing to see so much talent in one spot!

1  Thank 22getg0