Review Highlights
fine pub, good local beers

Reviewed December 5, 2017
n_wiedenhof
Nuenen, The Netherlands
Delightful brewery In wonderful location

Reviewed October 10, 2017
susanwalsh
glasgow

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Rotterdam
from $15.65
from $13.46
from $28.05
from $11.50
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019

We stopped by while in the area and had some Mayflower beer and shared a plate of appetizers which were delicious. We then took a walk around and returned for dinner where three of us shared the fondue and a meat dish (pot roast type). Again, we left quite full and content. Prices were reasonable. It was a little busy but we managed to snag a table both times, right along the canal the second time. It was just lovely. Service is a little slow, but we were in no hurry so it worked quite well for us. We enjoyed soaking in the atmosphere on a gorgeous summer night.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2018

My girlfriend and I arrived for an evening beer on the terrace, having spotted this pretty place from across the canal. It was busy but not packed. The location seemed perfect and the brew tempting, so when a not very welcoming waiter finally showed up we ordered a couple of Mayflower beers. After over twenty minutes of watching other people being repeatedly served, we got tired of being ignored (except when a waitress impatiently indicated she would like to take the menus we had on the table) and we left. Really not the nice service I have become accustomed to in this friendly town. We left the upper crust pretensions of this place and slipped over to a sidewalk bar at a noisier street location where a sign hung over the bar, reading Bon Bini ("welcome" in Papiamento, the language of the Dutch Caribbean) and there we felt back in the Rotterdam we know, warmth and smiles, and at a better price to boot. But that will be further covered in another review.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous little place where the staff are really friendly and helpful. If your order one thing make it a Pelgrim Barrelplank. What a selection of food,definitely a share platter. The burger is also a good choice

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed December 5, 2017

This local brewery plus restaurant De Pelgrim is really a fineand historical place to enjoy a choice of local beers and a good meal. Pleasant location, easily to reach by tram 8 at the Delfshaven stop. Yes, indeed, the Pilgrim Fathers are watching you.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed October 10, 2017

My husband had to seek this brewery out and as it was in Delfshaven which I wanted to see we made our way there on the metro. The brewery is on the side of the canal next to the Pilgrim father's church which sadly was closed. Inside is at lowceilinged and atmospheric. I had a superb beer called Mayflower while my husband had a 'plank' which allowed him to taste all the beers. We shared a lunch platter of soup and pates which was excellent.

Date of experience: September 2017