“Home away from home”
Review of Mainport Hotel

Mainport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed twice here, in total more than a week. As a family we had two interconnecting rooms which worked out perfectly. The rooms offer great views of the city, the river, skyscrapers among them the newly finished De Rotterdam by Rem Koolhaas. The rooms are well appointed, very nice big beds. Fluffy towels and nice shampoo in the spacious bathrooms. The room service menu is a bit small. The breakfast is fresh and there is good variation of (organic) food. The chef can cater for anything. One evening they even made special Dutch pancakes for our children, outside of the menu; the kids loved it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The porter helped squeeze our oversized luggage in our car.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Globe-World
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Guest & family,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to leave this lovely review of your stay and to advise our future guests. We really appreciate it.
All our staff is doing their utmost to offer an excellent stay to our guests and they will be thrilled to read that they have succeeded in their efforts! I will make sure to pass on your compliments.

And we look forward to your third visit to your second home in Rotterdam, Mainport!

With warm regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful experience! My partner and I both agree that this is one of the best hotel experiences we have had! Our room by far exceeded our expectations in terms of style and extras. The breakfast buffet was incredible (try the pancakes). All that being said, the thing that made us want to stay again was the service. The staff were kind, helpful, and efficient!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crainba

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor!
I truly appreciate your positive feedback and to tip future guests about Mainport!
We are very glad to know that we have been able to exceed your expectations during your complete stay through design, facilities and most of all service! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our staff.

We look forward to your next visit!

With kind regards

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked into the Lobby the service was first class. Checkin was very simple with the check in staff taking details and offering insights into some of the options the hotel can offer, nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable will all mod cons, jacuzzi bath, TV in bathroom mirror, plus super fast wifi as well as all the normal things like mini bar and programable air conditioning.

The food in the restaurant was also very good and the service was first class. Buffet breakfast was very nice too. Overall a very good hotel and certainly one I will bid it again on my next trip to Rotterdam.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bundock47

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to advise future guests about Mainport!
I am very glad to read that you have fully enjoyed your stay in Mainport and we look forward to your next visit to have the chance to even exceed your expectations!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great link with public transport (tram and metro) direct from the central train station
Very nice design hotel, very clean
Great breakfast, sometimes a bit difficult to find a table
Unfortunately the hamam was not working, good sauna, nice little pool

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel soon after its opening, and they had not yet installed room safes. But the room was beautiful with hardwood floors. The bathroom was luxurious. The room service was delicious. It was easy to walk to things. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to give your feedback about your stay last year after the opening of the hotel.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit as a few new things, such as room safes, have been installed or improved. We look forward to the chance to exceed your expectations.

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Even though my time in this hotel was short, i enjoyed every bit of my stay there. If you are going for a room in this hotel go for the water front view, believe me it is spectacular, in fact a view to die for. My room was spot on, tidy and i had a television, a huge bathtub and a huge sauna that takes 2 adults in my bathroom. The employees are also very friendly and helpful, the rooms are a little bit pricey but it is worth every penny. More so, it is located right in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, go for the water front view rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Jacklyn,

Thank you very much for your stay at Mainport and the time you have taken to leave this great review! I am glad that we have succeeded in offering you a memorable stay and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

With warm regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Mainport hotel is in a good location in Rotterdam, close to the Erasmus bridge. Make sure you get a harbor view (otherwise I am not sure it is worth it). I got upgraded to an amazing room with jacuzzi by the window, sauna, sofa... Breakfast is good, although the room is not very large and it can get packed at certain times. I had dinner in the restaurant once and it was quite good as well. The design of the room was very appealing, and everything was spotless. The gym is small but again with a nice view of the harbor. Service is friendly and attentive, although there were some issues (the concierge made a mistake with one booking I asked, I had to change rooms, etc...). It was all eventually solved, however, and they were very apologetic and friendly about it.

Room Tip: Definitely harbor view