“Relaxing in Rotterdam” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Relaxing in Rotterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a wonderful stay in the Mainport hotel. The room was very well designed and we enjoyed the complimentary espresso. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the view from our corner-room was very nice. It would be nice if the tv would have a sink-in function, so it wouldn't block the view from the bed. We did not book the breakfast, because we did not think any breakfast could be worth 28 euros per person. Fortunately there are many nice bakeries at walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to leave such a positive review of your stay!
I am very glad to read you have enjoyed the beautiful corner room and I agree with you that the large windows offer a great and expanded view from your room!

I really appreciate your tip about the TV and I will discuss this in our Management team meeting if it is possible to make any changes.

For a future stay I would recommend to pre-book the breakfast with the room reservation as you will have a discounted breakfast rate. I can definitely recommend our extensive "Live cooking" breakfast buffet where, aside from a very large and luxurious selection of cold and warm items, a cook is available to prepare your eggs the way you like it, French toast or pancakes for no extra charge.

I look forward welcoming you back in the near future!
Kindest regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Benghazi - Libya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Mainport Hotel in Rotterdam is a 5 star luxury hotel which lives up to its reputation of not being just any other hotel. The ambience inside the hotel was pleasant and the place was nice to stay. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends .The hotel building is very clean and modern .

3 Thank Bugazia
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I should say that I was stunned by the services offered in this hotel. The bathrooms had Jacuzzi and wonderful toiletries. The ambience inside the hotel was pleasant and the place was nice to stay. I went with my family of four and we got extra beds arranged in the same room. The rooms also offer coffee machines, which is a delight to coffee lovers like me. I do not have enough words to describe their service. The freebies provided by this hotel stunned me. It is well connected to all major tourist attractions in the city of Rotterdam. The hotel building is very clean and modern to suit all guests. It was a great pleasure staying at Main port Hotel in Rotterdam.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just a few things to improve or to think about at least:

- waste bin in the room; especially when you have a baby of 8 weeks old its a long walk to the bathroom :)
- put a (glass) door for the shower, it might help keep the bathroom or room from flooding (this also depends how you shower of course :)) and we put a towel across to stop the water from pouring out
- we stayed on the 3rd flor and I could hear people walking (or running?) in the room or corridor of the floor above us

Minor details that did not spoil our stay in any case.

We had the Waterfront Spa Room on the third floor. Very spacious. We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and really just want to stay in the room all day long. Especially with a baby its important the room feels like home and it did.

Also wonderful, friendly and helpful staff.
Nice restaurant.

I would recommend (and already did) this hotel to all my friends but not to families.

Tip: order breakfast in bed. Its better and nicer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rootberie
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've just spent 7 nights at Mainport. It's a well run 5* hotel with first rate staff (especially on reception) and facilities. The rooms have the little luxury extras including a bathtub/Jacuzzi and toiletries etc. My only gripe was the shower was too small with no door, however this is a minor complaint. There's a generous breakfast buffet to suit all tastes, and the hotel is perfectly located - next to the Erasmus Bridge and near to several museums. There's a metro stop right outside the hotel and you can buy a 7 Euro day pass at reception. The Spido harbour boat company is also a short walk away (before the bridge) as well as several decent restaurants a 5 - 10 minute walk - I'd recommend 'Rodin'. As a guest at Mainport you have access to Spa Heaven and I would highly recommend a treatment with either Sharmilla or Liliane. Both are excellent and dedicated to their work. They have a real energy and have an intuitive sense of what you need. I hope Mainport retain their services as they are both a real asset. All in all, well worth a long weekend break to get away from it all and pamper yourself.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank philhunter2013
RDMgr_InntelHotels, Rooms Division Manager at Mainport Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Hunter, dear Phil,
Wow, thank you very much for your great review of your stay at Mainport.
We are very pleased that you have chosen Mainport to stay at for 7 nights and enjoying it so fully. We truly look forward welcoming you back soon!
I will pass on your compliments to Sharmila and Liliane. They are absolutely talented and very passionate about their work. They are part of a great team of masseuses and beauty specialists of our Spa Heaven which we are very proud of. Thank you for given us that beautiful feedback!
With kind regards,
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The mainport hotel is brandnew and an excellent hotel. It is very modern and very clean.
The room is large with a beautiful bathroom and comfortable spacious bed. The room also offers an expresso machine and enough candy bars. Unfortunately if you allergic to nuts, you have an issue. One tip, please also offer candy bars without nuts!
Excellent service at the frontdesk and the staff at the restaurant and bar is friendly and very well trained and professional. Breakfast simply good.
Summarized, a very pleasant stay and w'll be back.
One remark. Parking !! Is a nightmare

Room Tip: Great top class hotel for a fair price
Dear Bart,

Thank you for your stay at Mainport and from this beautiful review I can make up that you fully enjoyed it.
I am very sorry that the parking was a nightmare for your. Being in the middle of busy Rotterdam this can be difficult. To assist our guests we arranged information on the 2 options for parking. The first is valet parking where you can place the car in front of the hotel and the porter will park it for you in one of the garages. The 2nd option is to park the car in one of the 2 Erasmusbridge parking garages which are on a 2 minutes walking distance. On our website there is a route map how to get there. Maybe this information helps you when you are coming back to stay at Mainport!
Thank you for the tip on the candy bars. I will look into the possibilities of adding or replacing a bar with one without nuts.
With kind regards,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night in Nov 2013 for a business trip.
Hotel location is central and walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums etc.
The building is very modern and very clean.
I had a sauna waterfront room. Nice size room with lovely views across the water. The bathroom was beautiful, with walkin shower, spa bath, SAUNA and tv built into the mirror.
Breakfast was very good.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
CANNOT FAULT THIS HOTEL. If you are looking for a hotel in Rotterdam and can afford it, STAY HERE!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pauljbal19
Dear Paul,

WOW, best hotel ever! We are very proud to read your lovely review on your stay at Mainport!
I wil make sure to pass on your compliments to our staff!
We have done our utmost to offer hotel facilities and hotelrooms that suit both guests visiting Rotterdam for leisure and our Bussiness related guests. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay during your business trip and we look forward welcoming you back in your new "home away from home".
With kind regards