“strange decor, looks more hawain than mexican”
Review of Amigo

Amigo
Reserve with
Amigo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #358 of 1,152 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

well its very busy very noisy food is just above average, more (attempted) style over substance. ben once wont go back as its quite over priced for what you get

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is not only the worst Mexican Reataurant I have been to, but also one of the worst restaurants I have entered.

The decoration is terrible with cheap Indonesian furniture.

The menu is very strange for a supposed Mexican Restaurant. 75% of the menu is tapas and then few mexican entries.

I ordered Chicken Fajita. The guacamole was obviously from a package, very watery and without taste. The chicken was i sweet and sour sauce and so on.

The only thing that was Mexican about this place was the name.

Stay away from this one

1  Thank Baldur B
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very pleasant visit. I found this place on Trip Advisor after reading that the place I was staying at might not be the best place to dine at.

Made most welcome by the staff and tried the "All you can eat Mexican Tapas", as it was really five rounds of three tapas (which were more like racion size than tapas size) it wasn't exactly "more than you can eat" but in reality, for myself and probably most people it could almost be described as "more than you can eat". If there is something you shouldn't miss it's the Crema Catalan, a great finale.

If I find myself in Rotterdam again will be heading here!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I just went to Amigo because I wanted something other than a cheese sandwich for dinner - refried beans and rice appealed to me. I found the main courses expensive so ordered an Amigo salad and fiery chili soup. It took over 40 minutes for the salad to arrive - the lettuce was fresh, grapefruit tasty and dressing was flavourful...but wait for it...the grilled chicken was 5 pieces of compressed salty chicken cold cuts!! unedible. I waited another 30 minutes and the soup never arrived. they should be ashamed...

2  Thank gretagc
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I chose Amigos for dinner based on the positive views from tripadvisor. I have to admit we were disappointed. While it was cosy, well lit, good music and atmosphere, the food really was rather average. I would say it's too expensive for the quality you get. We chose the tapas menu, which while extensive, nothing really impressed. Service was good, but a real let down for us was being unable to order a caraf of tap water. Despite having bought a drink each off the menu, they were still unwilling to give us one (even though one waitress said they would). Furthermore, the price of their water was just too expensive when dining on such savoury food. We would have left much much happier if they'd just given us one, and would have looked passed the average nature of the food, and let the atmosphere take over. We're disappointed instead to have left with an experience whereby we just wouldn't return over such a simple thing. They really made a big deal about it, and when your food is just not THAT good, just ruins an otherwise pleasant evening as, as I mentioned the surrounds and atmosphere of the place are actually quite cool!
(Water price 4.5e for a 500ml bottle)