“Love at first sight ”

Cuisines: Dutch, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

"Where do I begin to tell the story of how great a place can be". I love everything about Lof der Zoetheid: the interior, the ambience, the music, the location but most of all the food. It's always very busy so it has a nice urban buzz.

Everything is prepared with love and care. If you don't know what to choose get the breakfast or the lunch ("twijfelaartje"). Make sure you keep some room for dessert though: the cakes are delicious.

2  Thank LittleBirdFrannie

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This really is a gem in the heart of Rotterdam. Lof der Zoetheid is a place to for any time of day. Amazing breakfast, especially for people looking for bread rolls and scones will find them here! All excellent quality and tasty!

The tarts and sweets are especially worth the trip there - outstandingly delicious!

My suggestion is to go there for high tea or brunch ( both need reservations).

1  Thank sientjeamerah
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have been living in Rotterdam Noord for many years and recently there have been a lot of nice cafes and restaurants openings which is great for the area. After reading all the raving reviews about Lof der zoetheid, we had to go! Went this morning around 11 for breakfast and the place was packed, but the service was super fast and friendly.I had the breakfast for 10 euro( coffee, orange juice, egg, cheese, brioche, different types of bread and jams, cold meats) and my partner had a cappuccino with a scone and everything was delicious, fresh and of great quality. I cannot praise the staff enough for the great job they are doing. Cannot wait to go back for some sandwiches or a high tea.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

A well-kept secret (not for long) with excellent pastry and savoury offerings. We went for afternoon tea and we left with a smile, huge amounts of food in our bellies and even a little packed chocolatey remains that tasted even better the following day. Recommended.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The afternoon tea was amazing. Loads of things to eat, both sweet and savoury only for €22.50 per person. We were three people and we did not manage to finish all the food! The service was excellent and staff very friendly.
My only issue was that they do not accept foreign cards (only Dutch cards). As I did not have cash on me, I had to go to find a cash point and then return.
I would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank elias a