“It was good)”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.veryitalianpizza.nl/
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Smoked beef carpaccio with artichokes, pizza with sea food, nice atmosphere and service. It can be good break in that city

There are newer reviews for Very Italian Pizza

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Main thing about this restaurant is that it is cheap. So if you want to go have some pizza at cheap price this is your place, but don't expect much from it.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Can be very short and clear about this not very Italian restaurant..have been here two times...always fully booked...I don't understand why...pizzas are so unbelievable bad..never had an experience like this..first time sand in the pizza dough so crispering sensation between your teeth yak....second time to disgusting for words...pizza was falling apart and more pasta than pizza....taste horrible..mentioned this but nothing happened...so not recommended at all..stay away if you do like Italian food!

2  Thank wowwie
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at Very Italian Pizza recently on a cold winter's night and can really recommend this restaurant for providing great value. Generous servings and an extensive menu which should satisfy most customers' Italian cravings. It's great value considering the price you're paying. Having travelled widely, I know there's better Italian food out there. However, I would return to Very Italian Pizza when in Rotterdam next.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am Italian and after being very satisfied with Very Italian Pizza in the Hague I decided to give a try to very Italian pizza in Rotterdam. Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the food, but that was definitely not the worse part of my experience.

I ordered a Calzone filled with just mozzarella and mushrooms. When the Calzone arrived the shape didn’t look quite like the usual Calzone, it was quite flat.

When I started eating I gradually realized that all the mushrooms were row.

I called the waiter and told him that the Calzone was not well cooked, asking to replace it.

I thought they would have brought a new Calzone soon after, but instead the Italian manager of the restaurant came to my table. I didn’t mind when I saw him, I thought we are both Italian, we can explain each other well.

Instead he started to say that he was not going to bring a new pizza, because if he replaces the pizza to every customer who complains it would have been a financial trouble for the restaurant.

Well considering that a cost for a pizza for the restaurant is at most 1.5 euro I am afraid that he has a lot on customers complaining to make this a financial trouble.

Then he started to say that row mushrooms in a Calzone are fine. This is just non sense, especially saying it to an Italian customer.

I don’t know what’s the problem of that guy, his behaviour was just unbelievable, maybe he is burnt out. All the time he was saying we were very welcome , but he looked quite angry and annoyed, making all the experience very unpleasant.

The cook totally failed in cooking decently a Calzone and instead of apologizing for that he was debating with me and my girlfriend.

He looked very annoyed by me and by my girlfriend and he even asked if we wanted just to pay and leave. It would have been the right occasion to just leave the restaurant and not paying but I am not the kind of person who likes dramas and I always want to give a second chance, so instead I insisted to get a new pizza, because I was not going to pay for a badly cooked Calzone whom I eat less than half.

Despite being clearly irritated he agreed and this time I ordered a margherita.

The margherita came and it also wasn’t very good, the bottom was quite burnt, you could see a lot of big black spots if you checked the bottom(also the pizza of my girlfriend was quite burnt) I ate it nevertheless because of hunger , hopelessness of getting anything better and desire to end quickly this negative experience without any further trouble.

On the bill he charged the more expensive Calzone instead of the margherita.

The quality of the pizza is very low, but the real problem is the management which failed dramatically in many different ways.

Really striking the difference with the location in the Hague.

3  Thank MarioB235