“You get what you expet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid

Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid
Ranked #35 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business and due to a mix up (not the hotels fault) found myself here. I must also point out that smoking is allowed in parts of this hotel and I really can't stand smoke.
2 things
1. Despite being in a non smoking room I could smell smoke in the bathroom
2. The bed was awful, single about 1ft off the ground. The mattress was visible sunk in the middle, was v soft and the pillows had to be folded 4 times to make any use of them

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Derek M
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked this hotel as it was close to where we were working, but the thought of staying here for weeks was impossible. We ended up finding a cheaper and 100x nicer short term apartment in central rotterdam.

Bastion Hotel rooms and restaurant were not up to the cleanliness I would have expected (ie. empty wrappers in room, dirty table setting in restaurant). The staff made no effort until a complaint was made and the rooms were much smaller then expected.

We were told that the rooms all had only single beds, so for a couple it wasn't great. Also the bed I slept in was very uncomfortable and uneven. My partners bed was fine.

Food (dinner) in the restaurant was below average and staff would tell us off if we sat at a wrong table in the morning purely because it was already set for dinner that evening (this makes no sense to me, it's just a matter of changing cutlery). Breakfast was very good when the staff were making themselves available to cook us eggs.

Overall I would say, only stay here for 1 night if you have to as it is a good location to certain things.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel (not on the main road side), it's less noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank AdeleP1
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear guest,

I hope you accept my apologies,

Maik Willems

Travelers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at the Bastion as a trial as its nearer to work and less expensive than my usual hotel in Rotterdam. Room was clean but basic. Only single beds available which makes it a little uncomfortable for me but the restaurant food was good (again basic steak etc) and the breakfast the normal stuff for Rotterdam (bread, meat and chocolate) The location and cost will mean I stay again. Not bad at all

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TonyCarters
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Rotterdam.

wigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Overall average stay, kept awake one night by fire alarm going off due to fault, staff didn't have a clue how to handle the situation no one knew if there was a fire or not!?!
Location was very handy for work, I will travel a little further next time.
Oh, and they even took payment from my credit card twice? Paid back quick enough but just fuzzy payment system.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Ruddyholls
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

I hope you accept my apologies ,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed on business at the Bastion again - must have stayed 5-6 times in the past, even when it was going through refurb a couple years ago. Each time I swear never to go back - however, it is convenient for where I want to visit and the food and bedrooms are fine. Actually, this latest visit was the best yet - service with a smile and nice dinner/room.......I might even consider a return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

As far as chain type hotels go you could do a lot worse that choosing this hotel.
On the plus side.
Free WIFI (a bonus when staying in most hotels in The Netherlands).
Clean rooms.
Friendly Staff (at least when I stayed there).
Quite easy to get to (driving).
On the indifferent side.
The rooms are not very big,
But then in my view the room was adequate for my needs, a connection to the Internet (free wifi), a desk to finish off some work.
A bed to sleep in (nice and clean).
A reasonable restaurant (and a McDonalds just across the road).
Location, if you have a need to be in the vicinity of the hotel then the location is OK otherwise (unless you are driving) you will be quite stuck.
On the negative side.
It will be probably quite difficult to get to the hotel using public transport.
OK it is about 3KM from the Rhoon Metro station but you will need quite a lot of luck to get a taxi from the metro station, there is of course always the option of calling the hotel and asking the receptionist to send a taxi to the metro station but as I see it is a bit of a pain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Zuid, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Rhoon.