$130
$99
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
$76
$124
$121
$88
1,331 results
All reviewschinese restaurantthe art deco styleworld tradecentral locationthe heart of the citylarge bathroomwalking distancetrain stationpleasant stayhotel roombreakfast includedshort stayerasmus bridgecarnivalconference
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotel is well located for attending conferences in the Word Trade Center of Rotterdam. I paid 176 Euro incl. breakfast for my a night stay. The room was well sized, also the bath room. The room and bathroom were in principle clean, just the old carpet looked dirty. The room had the windows to a bit strange backyard, i.e. not much daylight. The room is iluminated with a number of 7W energy saving lamps, which is by far too dark. Breakfast was in principle ok, I just hate these separately packed small quantities of butter and jam. Wireless internet access was offered via Swisscom for about 18 Euro per day. This is over the top and nobody should use it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

When I booked my room, the reservation said I had booked a king size bed, but when I arrived, they told me I only reserved an economy room that was very small and a queen size bed. The receptionist told me she would upgrade me if I went back up to my room to get my bags, however, tricked me by calling me again when I got to my room and told me nevermind, I had to stay in the economy room. The room was poorly lit, streets are very loud and can hear people talking outside, and my bed smells like urine. WAY overpriced. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I chose this hotel as I was attending a conference there. My previous stay had been spoiled by freezing room temperature - the renovation to the rooms had not included the central heating and the radiators are behind the heavy curtains - and the theft of all my jewellery from my room.

The upgraded rooms are pleasant and modern though I found the laminated wood floors a bit cold underfoot and I would have preferred a carpet. There seems to be only a few centimetres difference between an ordinary room and a "suite" so I wouldn't bother paying for an upgrade.

The breakfast room on the top floor has good views and was satsifactory.

The location

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Disclaimer - I DID NOT STAY HERE so I can not comment on the quality of the hotel itself. But I wanted to tell my story to warn others about how they used my credit card in a way they were not authorized to do. In my opinion, this constitutes fraud.

I booked this hotel using a major booking site. I don't want to mention their name in case people think it was their fault; actually the booking site responded quickly and tried to correct the situation.

Here's my story: Directly after receiving my booking, the hotel pre-charged my credit card although there was NOTHING in the booking agreement that stated they were authorized to do this. (Note: this is different than pre-authorization, where the credit card may place a temporary charge on your card and then removes it after the card has been validated). I re-read the booking conditions and was sure I didn't make a mistake. So I contacted the booking website to complain. Here is the response from the booking site to me after they contacted NH Atlanta:

"I spoke to Hilda at NH Atlanta Rotterdam Hotel who has, unfortunately, told me that
they will not be offering a refund and you are welcome to dispute the charge with
your credit card. I do not agree with this answer so I am trying to reach their
Account Manager to get the refund issued back to your credit card. Please allow us a
few more days to try and get this resolved for you."

Well, needless to say I didn't wait a few days. I canceled the booking immediately. The hotel not only used my card in a way they were not authorized to, but their response was unreal. Never in all my years of traveling have I experienced anything quite like this.

I am writing this as a warning to others when they make bookings with this hotel. As I said, I did not stay there and cannot give an opinion about the quality of the place, but given the poor quality of the customer service, my suggestion is to stay elsewhere!

Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank fergy2
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The room was dark and the hygiene was poor - Bed bugs in the sheets!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business