I stayed in NH Atlanta in June of 2006 due to a business visit. In fact, at the beginning, we were staying in Novotel in Brain Park. However, it was a bit far from the downtown. Due to a famous international horse exhibition, the hotel was full and could not provide us two weeks which was our full period. Thus, we changed to NH Atlanta after a few days in Novotel in Brain Park.
Hotel: I liked the NH Atlanta Hotel. My room was a very big corner room. I guess I was lucky. I paid Euro 140 breakfast included, made the reservation directly via Hotel. However, one of my colleagues room was very small. Very disturbing, if you stay more than a few days. The Hotel is in the heart of the city.
Breakfast: It is rich enough. Breakfast room is on the highest floor. So you may take a good view from the balcony.
Rotterdam: Clean, modern, efficient. There are many shopping areas around the NH Atlanta. You can also walk to the main station as we did for taking the train to Amsterdam.
Restaurants: Since we stayed two weeks in Rotterdam, we tried many restaurants. I really liked New York Hotel's restaurant/cafe. We ate there several times. Secondly, I recommend Zalmhuis (Salmon house). Very good ambience and good service. We also ate there three times. I guess New York Hotel and Zalmhuis are very popular among Dutch people.
Our other picks were Kip and Bazaar. Kip is pretty exclusive and it is worth to try.
Bazaar is casual and has East Mediterranean air.
Zeezout (Sea Salt) is one of the “hottest” restaurants. I made a reservation one week ahead. Small, but I would say New York sort of place. Expensive and exclusive. It is worth to try one night. However, if you have just a couple of nights, in my view give your priority first to New York Hotel and then to Zalmhuis.
In sum: NH Atlanta is a good Hotel. I did not like the spot of Japanese Restaurant on the first floor, though. Some rooms are pretty small, especially if you stay more than a couple of days.
My only reminder note would be checking the room size before. And check your bill when you check out. They charged a higher amount to one of my colleagues. Apparently, it was a simple mistake and after our objection, the clerk corrected the amount kindly. However, at the end of the day all my colleagues were pleased with the Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Atlanta Rotterdam is surrounded by the city's top destinations for sightseeing, shopping and nightlife. Constructed in the 1930's, this charming, art-deco structure provides a captivating contrast to the sleek and ultra-modern World Trade Centre conveniently located across the street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your NH Atlanta Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Atlanta Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Nh Hotels Rotterdam
- Nh Atlanta Hotel Rotterdam