“Good Hotel - Check room size before!”

NH Atlanta Rotterdam
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 26, 2006

I stayed in NH Atlanta in June of 2006 due to a business visit. In fact, at the beginning, we were staying in Novotel in Brain Park. However, it was a bit far from the downtown. Due to a famous international horse exhibition, the hotel was full and could not provide us two weeks which was our full period. Thus, we changed to NH Atlanta after a few days in Novotel in Brain Park.

Hotel: I liked the NH Atlanta Hotel. My room was a very big corner room. I guess I was lucky. I paid Euro 140 breakfast included, made the reservation directly via Hotel. However, one of my colleagues room was very small. Very disturbing, if you stay more than a few days. The Hotel is in the heart of the city.

Breakfast: It is rich enough. Breakfast room is on the highest floor. So you may take a good view from the balcony.
Rotterdam: Clean, modern, efficient. There are many shopping areas around the NH Atlanta. You can also walk to the main station as we did for taking the train to Amsterdam.

Restaurants: Since we stayed two weeks in Rotterdam, we tried many restaurants. I really liked New York Hotel's restaurant/cafe. We ate there several times. Secondly, I recommend Zalmhuis (Salmon house). Very good ambience and good service. We also ate there three times. I guess New York Hotel and Zalmhuis are very popular among Dutch people.
Our other picks were Kip and Bazaar. Kip is pretty exclusive and it is worth to try.
Bazaar is casual and has East Mediterranean air.
Zeezout (Sea Salt) is one of the “hottest” restaurants. I made a reservation one week ahead. Small, but I would say New York sort of place. Expensive and exclusive. It is worth to try one night. However, if you have just a couple of nights, in my view give your priority first to New York Hotel and then to Zalmhuis.

In sum: NH Atlanta is a good Hotel. I did not like the spot of Japanese Restaurant on the first floor, though. Some rooms are pretty small, especially if you stay more than a couple of days.
My only reminder note would be checking the room size before. And check your bill when you check out. They charged a higher amount to one of my colleagues. Apparently, it was a simple mistake and after our objection, the clerk corrected the amount kindly. However, at the end of the day all my colleagues were pleased with the Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed August 17, 2006

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in August. We found the hotel to be very clean, and the rooms to be above average in size. The breakfast selection was adequite, and worth the 16 euros. The hotel is very convenient for the shopping district, with a surprising amount of good quality shops. Eating out was a pleasure. We found the standard of food very high, and a large amount of restaurants to chose from. I thought the standard of service we received was of the highest quality, and I do not use this comment lightly. As we are from SE England, where it seems that restaurants do not try very hard, it was very refreshing to visit these Rotterdam restaurants. I wont mention any in particular, as you are better off exploring. We will definately visit again, and stay at the same hotel.

Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed July 14, 2006

The NH Atlanta is a well located hotel in the centre of Rotterdams shopping area and minutes walk from Central Station.

The room was ok. The windows were not great for keeping noise out and because the was no air conditioning you had to leave them open. This was fine at night but the Dutch tend to be early risers and not very considerate to us tourists.

Breakfast is typical continental (not worth €16) but it is served on the 7th floor and can be enjoyed on the terrace outside. A welcome surprise on a beautiful summer morning.

Everything about this hotel was average. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, just average. For the price, I suppose it offers good value for money but you can do better. I would stay here again but would look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed April 26, 2006

When we travelled around Holland, we stayed in this hotel and my wife and I agree it was one of the best European hotels we have stayed in.. and cheap. The room was huge, clean and modern, etc. It was only for 1 night but we were impressed, and so will you..

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank glenm73
A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed December 11, 2005

From beginning of my stay to the end I cannot fault the hotel or its staff. My boyfriend and I arrived in Rotterdam at 9.30 am on a Sunday (the city does not come alive until midday on a Sunday)and despite check in not being until 3pm the staff were happy to accomodate us and allowed us to go straight to our room.
The room itself was excellent. Very clean with good extras like up to date magazines and other quality extras that you expect to find in the higher starred hotels. The bathroom was fantastic, roomy with a bath and shower, beautifully polished and they provided the best complimentary toiletries I have seen in a long time - all in its own mini washbag.
Breakfast the next day was also impressive - all self service but all of very good quality with a decent range to suit all tastes. If you are lucky enough to visit during summer I expect that you would enjoy eating on the gorgeous sun terrace.
I travel for work and stay in many 'good' London hotels and for the price this is one of the nicest I have had the pleasure to stay in. It was so comfortable we really didn't want to leave to continue our travels.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2005

I enjoyed staying at the Atlanta hotel. the location was superb, staff were helpful, and polite, and I appreciated the privacy we were given.
the room was very clean, and the bathroom was sparkling. I never had breakfast, but believe it is very good.
would definitely recommend, and will go back again.

4  Thank tongster
Reviewed September 24, 2005

Stayed for 3 nights with partner and young son. Nice room, very clean. Hotel has an immpressive lobby and one of the nicest wood panelled hotel bars you will find anywhere.
Good location. Only problem was came back covered in mosquito (?) bites.
A plus was the finest breakfast room Ive see - its on the rooftop and has a verandha. Breakfast was good enough for anybody and was help yourself.
Would stay again.