“in the centre of Rotterdam !”

NH Atlanta Rotterdam
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Good Public Parking , almost inside the hotel.
In the centre of the Town, shopping centre and all the rest. Opposite of the Town Hall. Metro in the same street. Musea on walking distance.
River on walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Thank R. V

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a trip to The Netherlands and we stayed for a few days at NH Atlanta Hotel in Rotterdam. The hotel employees made our stay delightful! The room was clean and the service was absolutely perfect, very nice and helpful employees and the location is in the middle of the centre, the casino, train station, shops, restaurants where whitina 5 to 10min walk

• Stayed: July 2014
LinnBruinewoud, Manager at NH Atlanta Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Ms. Maryam,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and review with us! Lovely to read that you have had a nice stay with us and that we have made your stay with your boyfriend so delightful!
I hope, when you are planning your next visit to the Netherlands and to Rotterdam, that we may welcome you again in our hotel.

Warm regards,

Linn Bruinewoud
Quality Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel was not as good as previous NH hotels I have stayed in. There were stains all over the carpet, it was also worn out and lights in the bathroom were flickering for the whole 3 nights of being there. Other than that the rooms were okayish. The reception area of the hotel was good, a bit old fashioned but not in a bad way and the location was spot on, it was within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. Probably wouldn't stay here again, but it did what it needed for the few nights we were there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
LinnBruinewoud, Manager at NH Atlanta Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Ms,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review! We appreciate every opinion, even if it is not a very good one.

We are currently renewing the hotel where ever we can. We already replaced and renewed all of our beds, mattresses and pillows and are now busy with removing the old carpet. Because of the fact that we are one of the few buildings that survived World War II, we embrace our 'Art Deco' style and history. Some people might find this a bit of an old fashioned style, which we understand.

Despite all, I hope you have had a nice stay with us. Please let me know if you are planning your next trip to Rotterdam. I hope you are than willing to give us a second opinion.

Kind regards,

Linn Bruinewoud
Quality Manager NH Atlanta Rotterdam

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Convenient for Central Station and the shopping areas; recently refurbished room and bathrooms - this is a (surprisingly) comfortable and good hotel to stay in.

I'll be honest, I stayed here because the room rate was very affordable compared to other nearby hotels. The hotel lobby and the outside does look a little shabby - as it is one of the older hotels in town.

The service and actual quality and comfort of the room was very good. Room had free wifi, working air conditioner (a God send for Europe in the summer heat!), and a Nespresso machine with 3 coffee pods! Very nice! No breakfast included as I was on a special cheap deal.

I definitely recommend this as a sensible, affordable choice for Rotterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel (away from the street) if you are noise sensitive - the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PG_Cumbus
Reviewed July 18, 2014

last week went to drink with some of my co-workers at the bar NH Atlanta
the service was just great
and my special thanks to a great dude,with lot of expirience and very good advise
DUGI u are the greatest barman in Rotterdam
once again thank u
and yeah we are coming back to Rotterdam

kind regards Toni al Milanese

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Also staying at this hotel for the North Sea Jazz Festival - stayed 3 nights.
Loved the atmosphere of the 1930s hotel (one of only 4 buildings left after the Rotterdam Blitz in 1940 I read in the hotel info file) and this was very welcome in the sea of rather dull post-war buildings all around.
My room was spacious and airy, bathroom more than adequate and everything worked well (great to have the illuminated magnifying mirror for slightly older eyesight!) and the bed super comfortable. So I obviously had one of the new mattresses. And at last a hotel room that was the right temperature at night - I didn't wake up gasping for air at 3 in the morning unable to sleep again. Great desk area which was helpful to me. Didn't try the TV. My room (334) was next to the lift shafts but I was not disturbed by the noise (maybe as an old building?).
The hotel has the most helpful and friendly staff - all the ladies on reception did their utmost to ensure that everything I needed was provided (patient help to me with the internet for instance) - and when I had extra requests, housekeeping brought them within 30 minutes. I found it very personal without being in any way intrusive. I had the feeling that they could cope with any issue that they might have to deal with.
And the best breakfast - again, I wasn't bothered by anyone but there were plenty of staff to ask when I did need help (with the coffee machine for instance - which was worth it, the most delicious coffee).
I am very glad I wasn't staying in the Hilton which seemed so impersonal and "could be anywhere" in vibe.
I look forward to returning to the NH Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to the North Sea Jazz festival (this was excellent-well organised and Stevie Wonder was fab!).The hotel is certainly well situated, a short walk from Rotterdam Central station and right in the middle of shops and restaurants.
However, the room was very basic and, although the bathroom looked lovely, the shower was very poor and the toilet was difficult to flush. We had only been given one mug and one breakfast tea bag. I called reception for more on our first morning, I also asked two cleaners but I am still waiting! We had to ask the night porter who arranged for more to be sent up.
The standard of cleanliness was not too high and the tv had very poor reception.
The price of £297 for two nights was ridiculously high for this below average service and standard and, if we return to the festival next year, will not be staying at the Atlanta!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple