1,332 results
All reviewschinese restaurantthe art deco styleworld tradecentral locationthe heart of the citylarge bathroomwalking distancetrain stationpleasant stayhotel roombreakfast includedshort stayerasmus bridgecarnivalconference
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed in Atlanta over the weekend as I was running in the Rotterdam marathon, it is in a good location for the city centre and easy to get to from the train station. The check was slow due to the numbers of guests who were all trying to check in at once. Rooms okay but a bit tired, breakfast was good with a nice selection. The main bar was welcoming with Dugi the barman very friendly and helpful.

Checkout was fine, overal could do with a bit of updating but overal not bad at all.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my husband and our 5 year-old daughter. I was a little sceptical after reading some of the reviews on here, however, I needn't have worried. The reception area was very impressive and the staff very friendly and helpful. We arrived very early and were allowed to store our luggage (a ticket was attached to our bags and we were given a corresponding ticket to ensure there was no mix ups). When we did check in staff were again very helpful. We had only booked the cheapest room so were prepared for it to be a little shoe box but it was a really good size, plenty of space between ours and our daughter's beds and lots of room in general. Yes the room could have done with a lick of paint and as the other reviews say there is a lack of lighting for some reason but these are only minor things. The bathroom had bath and shower and hair dryer and was well lit and quite spacious. When I booked I requested a quiet room and this is exactly what we got there was no street noise and we barely heard any noise from other guests. We didn't have much of a view but this didn't bother us. We used the wifi and had no trouble with this at all. Lots of reviews on here say that the rooms are cold but ours wasn't, the radiator had a dial allowing you to choose the temperature, unfortunately the radiator was underneath the window.and was covered by the curtains, however I tucked the curtains behind the radiator and the room was toasty. All in all we found the room (451) more then acceptable, the staff helpful and friendly and the hotel in an excellent location. For a budget hotel we were all really impressed.I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a view then room 451 is very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Booked this hotel as clients choose it for a business trip. The city is full of great people all friendly and wii g to help. On the face of it the hotel looks good with the reception area and bar being very presentable. However my room though clean was old and tired and the bed was no better than a budget hotel. Shower ran hot and cold and needed to be held to point the right way.
Food- do not eat in the Chinese attached to the hotel never have I had oriental food so grim. Not the best forum for a business meeting worth 6 to 7 figures! All in all helpful but poor hotels in uk have got rid of this shabby image

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Grand ole dame in the city centre. Stayed for 3 nites and each time I walked past the reception, always seeing the front desk person clarifying some check in/out issues with guests. And come my turn to check out, I was not spared either. Having to deal with multiple bookings that they see in the system and insist that I pay cancellation charges for those bookings that they cancelled as no show. How was it that they did not see n clarify this on check in, yet they can note it on check out and ask for payment! Opportunistic system! Archaic yet make money for their messed up system!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank AAdrive
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Where to begin -- this was easily one of the worst hotels I stayed in and is more like a budget motel. How they fly the NH flag I do not know.

Bed was super uncomfortable, sagging to the point where I debated sleeping on the floor.

Room was dusty in spots and other spots (link sink) stained.

WiFi slow as heck. It may be free but it is not useable, even at off hours.

Staff are unfriendly and not willing to help with directions, etc.

Others said this too but there is a noticeable draft that comes in from the windows along with a lot of street noise.

This place is a dump and not worth it. There are much better options in Rotterdam.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family